World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information collected from its employees, donors, volunteers, alumni, members, and all other stakeholders. We value and respect the trust placed in us to uphold the privacy of this information and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that WUSC is both transparent and accountable in how we treat the information shared with us.
During the course of our various projects and activities, we gather and use personal information. Anyone from whom we collect such information is entitled to and can expect that it will be carefully protected and that any use of this information is subject to consent.
Personal information gathered by WUSC is kept in confidence. Our personnel are authorized to access personal information based only upon their need to deal with the information and only for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. WUSC also takes measures to ensure the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent it from being lost or destroyed.
WUSC is committed to achieving gender equality and the empowerment of women within the organization and in all of its programming. Through the development and implementation of its Gender Equality Strategy, WUSC commits to:
- Mainstreaming gender in all programming to ensure that gender equality is an essential component in the planning, design, selection, implementation and evaluation of all aspects of WUSC programming and operations;
- Applying gender equity within all policies and procedures;
- Fostering an environment in which all staff are enabled and responsible for contributing to gender equality in the organisation; and
- Informing and sensitizing staff, members and partners to the objectives of the policy and ensure that everyone endorses the responsibility of its implementation.
WUSC is committed to following environmentally responsible practices and ensuring that environmental considerations are systematically integrated into the organization’s work.
WUSC will strive to continually reduce its environmental footprint in the following areas:
- WUSC is committed to purchasing ethical goods and products made from recycled materials
- WUSC reduces its energy consumption to a minimum level
- WUSC reduces its waste to a minimum level
- WUSC endeavors to reduce its carbon footprint
- WUSC is committed to integrating environmental considerations in all aspects of its programs
- WUSC will promote awareness about environmental sustainability with staff
For more information on WUSC’s policies, contact Sylvie Villemure.