WUSC is seeking qualified candidates to submit as proposed members of a project team for a large DFID funded girl’s education project in northern Kenya. Please circulate this call amongst your networks.
Summary of the Project:
The key objective of the project is to build increased support for girls’ education in Kenyan refugee camps and host communities by developing improved school and community education environments. The project will work with and support the efforts of the government (national and local), refugee camp education partners (UNHCR and other national and international agencies), teachers, parents and students. In parallel, it is expected that project will build the capacity of the MoE and other education partners to effectively manage and improve the system for girls’ education in and around the refugee camps.
We are seeking to assemble a team of senior education experts with the following experience, skills and background:
General Qualifications – skills and experience of all candidates
- A minimum of 10 years related work experience;
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in a developing-country (preferably in East Africa, ideally in a refugee camp context);
- Minimum Bachelor Degree (advanced University degree preferred) in a related field of study;
- Experience in donor-funded project management (e.g. work planning, coordinating, monitoring, controlling and reporting) – work with DFID considered an asset;
- Experience in working with and supporting capacity development of government education staff (teachers, management), education stakeholders, schools, parents and learners;
- Knowledge and experience in integrating gender equality into the program cycle;
- Experience with the payment by results approach; and
- Experience with risk analysis and working in an insecure environment is an asset.
Specific Qualifications – skills and experience required of candidates for each position in addition to general qualifications
- Experience working with DFID or other major bilateral donor-funded initiatives;
- Experience leading a complex, multi-year project with a budget of more than $5 million;
- Experience leading a team in a cross-cultural setting; and
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders to ensure coordination and project success. These stakeholders include: refugee and host communities, developing country government departments and international organizations supporting education.
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
- Experience designing, implementing and reviewing monitoring and evaluation tools, frameworks and systems for the Project;
- Experience conducting regular reporting and evaluation;
- Familiarity with Payment by Results approach;
- Experience integrating gender equality analysis, results, monitoring and/or evaluation; and
- Experience building capacity of project staff and partners in monitoring and evaluation skills and techniques.
Gender Equality Specialist
- Strong knowledge of gender equality, analysis, strategies;
- Ability to use innovative strategies for advancing gender equality;
- Experience in promoting girls’ education;
- Knowledge of approaches to integrating men and boys; and
- Experience building capacity of project staff and partners in gender issues.
- Demonstrated technical capacity;
- Experience working with government education officials (MoE), district officials, teachers, schools and communities;
- Experience designing culturally appropriate interventions leading to results; and
- Demonstrated experience incorporating sustainability into project approaches and activities.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and reviewing financial systems and budgets;
- Experience building capacity of project staff in financial systems and approaches;
- Experience in education sector financial management capacity building (school, district, regional or national levels) an asset.
Interested candidates should contact:
Program Development Unit
World University Service of Canada (WUSC)
Please put ‘Kenya GE’ followed the name of the position(s) you wish to be considered for in the subject line (e.g. ‘Kenya GE Gender Equality Specialist’).
Please include a cover letter and CV indicating which position(s) you would like to be considered for.
Deadline: July 25th
We thank you for your interest in WUSC; only qualified candidates will be contacted.