For more information about the WUSC and CECI International Forum, please visit: internationalforum.ca.
WUSC and CECI are launching a call for submissions for inspiring talks and collaborative workshops to be held on Friday, January 24, 2020, as part of the 2020 International Forum.
Please note that this call is open to individuals and organizations alike. There is no limit to the number of proposals that one person or organization can submit.
Please read the following guidelines carefully before developing and submitting your proposal for an inspiring talk or a collaborative workshop.
The sessions must contribute to the Forum’s general theme, “2030 and Beyond: Solutions Without Borders,” and help shape innovative solutions for a future that will leave no one behind.
The sessions should be presented in a way that engages the interest of a wide range of people with different levels of experience and understanding of the issues of global development. Participants in previous International Forums included students, researchers, development professionals, and other individuals interested in global development.
The International Forum proposes two types of formats for the sessions:
- Inspiring Talks: In 15 minutes or less, inspiring talks aim to present to the Forum’s participants an inspiring and innovative idea in relation to the Future of the Planet, the Future of Populations or the Future of Work. Priority will be given to sessions with cutting-edge ideas deserving of more exposure and presented in a dynamic way.
- Collaborative Workshops: During a maximum of 75 minutes, collaborative workshops should stimulate interactive group discussion and practical learning focused on the themes of the Future of the Planet, the Future of Populations or the Future of Work for the Forum’s participants. Priority will be given to those sessions using innovative and participatory methods of facilitation.
Sessions must be conducted in either French or English, or be bilingual (simultaneous interpretation may be provided).
The proposals that best meet the criteria below and contribute to a balanced and comprehensive program will be selected:
- The subject matter contributes to the Forum’s general theme, “2030 and Beyond: Solutions Without Borders”, and deals with practical solutions related to the Future of the Planet, the Future of Populations and/or the Future of Work.
- The topic is of interest to the Forum’s different participants (including students and global development professionals).
- Considerations of age, gender equality and diversity are integrated into the session.
- The format is innovative, interesting and engaging.
- The session is conducted in French and/or in English.
- The online proposal form is duly completed.
Cost of Participation
The International Forum is a nonprofit event. Speakers and participants at the International Forum are asked to co-invest in the Forum by paying the registration fee of CAD 250. A reduced rate (CAD 180) is offered for early bird registrations made by November 17, 2019. Speakers will receive a 10% discount on their registration fees. Please note that there are also discounts offered for students, members and alumni, which can be combined with the speakers’ discount.
Dates to Remember
- September 20, 2019: Deadline for submission of proposals
- October 2, 2019: Participants with successful proposals are notified and will be asked to provide additional information, as required
- November 17, 2019: Deadline for early bird registration
- January 24 – 26, 2020: WUSC and CECI International Forum
Notes for Submission
Please submit the completed form by Friday, September 20, 2019, at 11:59 pm EDT.
If your proposal is selected and you agree to participate in the 2020 International Forum by CECI and WUSC, you:
- Confirm that each speaker is committed to carrying out the presentation in person within the specified time frame on Friday, January 24, 2020.
- Accept that each speaker is responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses, as well as all other costs associated with attending the event.
- Accept that each speaker must register for the International Forum. (We strongly encourage you to register no later than November 17, 2019, to obtain the discounted early bird registration rate.)
- Agree that all information presented at the International Forum be treated as non-confidential and publicly available. No confidential or sensitive information should be included in the sessions.
- Agree to share additional relevant information about your session in a timely manner with the Forum’s organizing team as required.
For any questions regarding the submission of proposals, please write to [email protected].