POSITION TITLE : Administrative Assistant (Bilingual EN/FR), Programs
POSITION LOCATION: Ottawa region (hybrid work model)
CONTRACT TERM: Indeterminate
SALARY LEVEL: SUP 5 ($ 43,000 – 48,000)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 5 2023
LANGUAGES: Bilingual English / French
WUSC is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to the Programs team.
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Assistant has responsibility to provide administrative support to the Programs (Operations, Program Development and Technical Services) teams. More specifically, the Administrative Assistant will:
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (30%)
- Develop, implement and maintain administrative and communication tools for the Programs teams.
- Administer travel arrangements (including, the processing of visa applications) for staff and others associated with programs and projects.
- Organize and coordinate meetings, record and distribute minutes, and support in following up on decisions.
- Support in-house meetings/events (logistics, meals, material, room bookings)
- Prepare electronic files for send-out to large audiences using mail-merge technology;
- Facilitate translation of materials and documents;
- Assist with logistical arrangements for events and conferences including coordinating the technical support for on-line training and administering travel arrangements for presenters and training/event participants;
- Order office supplies and manage inventory.
- Prepare correspondence for mail / courier / shipping.
- Maintain and update electronic program files and records, including archived materials;
- Any other duties as assigned.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT (70%)
- Prepare program finance requisitions and manage bill payments;
- Assist with the preparation of contracts for vendors and consultants;
- Prepare requisitions for advance requests and expense reports for country offices, partners, and staff members.
Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Diploma in a related field (such as, but not limited to, administration), or equivalent with relevant experience.
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES
- At least two years of experience in a similar role (administrative, planning);
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, including ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple initiatives simultaneously;
- Solid computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, database management, online survey tools, electronic mail and graphics;
- Familiarity with the Google Suite is an asset;
- Strong skills in financial processes including preparation of requisitions and review of expense reports;
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to work well with teams under tight deadlines;
- Experience working in an NGO environment and in donor-funded projects considered an asset;
- Well-developed writing skills: clear, concise, persuasive writing style;
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently; and
- Curious, enthusiastic and willing to innovate and adapt.
- Fluency, oral and written, in English and French is essential.
WHY WORK WITH WUSC?
Join Us. Our work is important, cutting-edge, and rewarding. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility.
WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference in the lives of youth around the world. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, economic opportunities and empowerment.
Here’s some of what you can expect working with us in Canada:
- 35-hour workweek, ability to work flexible hours
- Remote-friendly workplace, with free access to our Ottawa office
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus the week between Christmas and New Year
- Paid sick days (10) and special leave days (5)
- Extensive health and dental coverage for you and your dependents, 100% covered by us
- Group RRSP contributions, from day 1
- 300$ reimbursement for home office equipment
- Parental leave top-up
- Being part of a friendly, caring and enthusiastic team!
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check where appropriate.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!