POSITION TITLE: Bilingual Digital Engagement Officer
POSITION LOCATION: Canada (remote)
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Communications & Philanthropy
CONTRACT TERM: 6 months
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 21, 2020
EXPECTED START DATE: November 16, 2020
Are you creative, motivated, a team player, bilingual and have experience with social media? WUSC is currently looking for a Digital Engagement Officer to plan and implement its digital content calendar.
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
Working closely with the communications, fundraising, and public engagement teams, the Digital Engagement Officer’s primary responsibility will be to engage our online community through the coordination, development, and dissemination of creative and compelling digital content.
Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Communications & Philanthropy, the Digital Engagement Officer will be responsible for:
- Plan and implement WUSC’s corporate digital content calendar
- Write, edit, and schedule compelling social media, email, and website content that tells the story of our work and showcases our results
- Support the designing of social media visual assets (i.e. infographics, photo, video).
- Monitor corporate social media channels and social conversations, and engage with our network of followers online.
- Regularly report on social media, email, and website results, to help identify trends and recommend optimization for digital growth
- Support the capacity-building of staff and volunteers on social media use.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- University degree in a related field.
Experience & Competencies
- Knowledge of social media tools, trends, and best practices essential
- Knowledge of email marketing best practices and tools (e.g. Mailchimp, Pardot)
- Knowledge of websites and content publishing (e.g. WordPress, HTML) essential
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Google Suite) essential
- Basic design and video-editing skills (e.g. Canva, Adobe Creative) a strong asset
- Experience working for a non-profit and/or in international development preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of WUSC
- Ability to multitask
- Must be motivated, creative, hardworking, optimistic, and a team player
- Must be available for occasional weekend and evening work. Time in lieu will be provided
- Curious, enthusiastic and willing to innovate and adapt.
- Complete fluency in English and French is required.
WHY WORK WITH WUSC?
Join Us. Our work is important, cutting-edge, and fast-paced. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility. And we provide a phenomenal learning experience.
WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference in the lives of youth around the world. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, economic opportunities and empowerment.
The WUSC office is centrally-located in Ottawa. We offer competitive benefits, four weeks of annual leave (for full-time employees), safe and healthy working conditions, and fair compensation.
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check where appropriate.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!