ERP Data Analyst
Ottawa preferred, Remote (Canada) available
Chief Financial Officer
77k – 87k
November 26, 2023 – Early applications are encouraged and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis
Fluency in English is required, French an asset
Are you a data-oriented professional with ERP experience, and interested in the world of international development? WUSC is currently looking for an ERP Data Analyst to provide support with a new system!
WUSC is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and the Caribbean, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the MasterCard Foundation, and the African Development Bank.
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer, the ERP Data Analyst will be responsible for leading the way to a new ERP system, developing financial reporting capacities and appropriately managing and analyzing data related to finance and programming at WUSC.
More precisely, the ERP Data Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with employees at all levels to understand and document ERP business data, reporting needs and process workflows.
- Determine the requirements of organizational teams and the organization of a new solution
- Translate business requirements into a conceptual system design, including but not limited to business requirements document, high-level use cases and a business case
- Review and assess data requirements to design appropriate architecture for the ERP solution (GL structure, project structure, metadata, dimensions, etc)
- Lead the ERP RFP process including development of the formal request for proposal.
- In conjunction with the selected supplier, lead the new ERP implementation process
- Organize and participate in cross-functional meetings with various levels of management pertaining to workflow design and reporting.
- Lead the development of financial and other reporting from the new ERP system
- In consultation with various teams, identify needs and feasibility of integration of the ERP with other organizational systems, including Google and Salesforce
- Assists in User Acceptance Testing and System Integration Testing
- Providing technical support and training ERP end-users;
- Keep abreast of the latest ERP upgrades and offerings.
- Recommending changes in processes to improve efficiency based on analysis of data from system usage
- Document future state and final state process workflows pre and post implementation
- First line for users in resolving issues or questions related to their use of the ERP system, liaising with the vendor support for routine matters and escalating where required.
- Analyze issues that arise and assist users in determining the best course of action for any corrective measures to be taken, involving appropriate finance or other personnel where appropriate.
- Support the creation and maintenance of internal user documentation as required by software enhancements or updates.
- Maintains some of the system master files for financial-related items including GL accounts, financial statement formats, bank accounts, tax masters, etc.
- Creation of standardized reports using current ERP and financial reporting tools
- Creation of ad hoc reporting and analysis based on internal and external requirements
- Creation of dashboards to support management decision making
- Improve, automate and simplify existing reporting, and ensure it is clearly communicated to stakeholders
- Assessing requirements, scoping and implementation of an appropriate BI solution for use with current and future ERP
- Build effective forecasting models that provide clear answers to complex scenarios.
- Assist in the development of budgeting and forecasting through building templates and data analysis.
- Plan and conduct analysis of financial data, identify trends, provide assessment of existing and proposed financial plans and provide recommendations
- Work closely with employees at all levels to document key project management and impact management processes and information flows.
- Work closely with employees to document existing stakeholders for information, including internal and external (i.e. partners, donors, clients).
- Collaborate with the finance team to articulate workflows between financial information and program impact data.
- Translate business requirements into systems design, taking into account WUSC’s existing investments in Google Apps and Salesforce.
- Brings forward recommendations for process improvements, policies and procedures, and system efficiencies.
- All other duties as required.
- Promote and maintain an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust, respect and safety.
- Create a working environment is free from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (SEAH)
- Ensure high standards of prevention and response measures for SEAH are in place consistent with the WUSC’s safeguarding policies and WUSC’s Code of Conduct.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, finance, business administration or related field, or equivalent working experience
Experience & Competencies
- 5 years hands-on ERP experience as a functional analyst;
- Ability to think independently and analytically and make recommendations based on observations;
- Extensive experience in business analysis, and implementing business process modeling and improvement, data modeling, prototyping, and systems integrations;
- Strong knowledge of ERP systems such as SAGEIntact, Dynamics365, Netsuite;
- Strong knowledge of ERP Business processes, policies, workflows, and procedures;
- Experience with BI and data visualization tools such as PowerBI and Tableau;
- Microsoft SQL Server (Key components and query language);
- Knowledge of business analysis methodologies, practices, tools, and techniques;
- Knowledge of project management processes and procedures;
- Experience working with multiple currencies is considered an asset;
- Outstanding problem-solving and analytical abilities;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Curious, enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivated and willing to innovate and adapt.
- Complete fluency in English and French is an asset.
WHY WORK WITH WUSC?
Join Us. Our work is important, cutting-edge, and rewarding. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility.
WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference in the lives of youth around the world. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, economic opportunities and empowerment.
Here’s some of what you can expect working with us in Canada:
- 35-hour workweek, ability to work flexible hours
- Remote-friendly workplace, with free access to our Ottawa office
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus the week between Christmas and New Year
- Paid sick days (10) and special leave days (5)
- Extensive health and dental coverage for you and your dependents, 100% covered by us
- Group RRSP contributions, from day 1
- $300 reimbursement for home office equipment
- Parental leave top-up
- Being part of a friendly, caring and enthusiastic team!
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds and abilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Candidates must be legally allowed to work in Canada. Please note that only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!