POSITION TITLE: Finance and Administrative Officer, Field Support Services Project (FSSP) Colombia & Ecuador
POSITION LOCATION: Bogotá, Colombia
REPORTS TO: Project Manager, FSSP Colombia & Ecuador
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 19, 2024
EXPECTED START DATE: (subject to contract start date)
Nature and Scope:
In response to a Request for Proposals by Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs. Trade and Development (DFATD), WUSC is preparing a proposal for the Field Support Services Project (FSSP) based in Columbia and Ecuador. This FSSP is responsible for providing a range of services in support of program delivery and policy dialogue of Canada’s international assistance in Columbia and Ecuador. These services include, but are not limited to, the provision of administrative, logistical, technical, and financial services for DFATD and other clients identified by DFATD in Columbia and Ecuador.
The Finance and Administrative Officer will be responsible for managing the financial, procurement and administrative aspects of the FSSP.
The tasks for the FSSP Finance and Administrative Officer include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing financial advice related to local laws and regulations, banking institutions and the reasonableness of estimated expenses for products or services in the FSSP recipient countries to support compliance with DFATD financial policies and regulations.
- Preparing budget and establishing management information systems to generate the necessary financial data required for priority setting, resource allocation, monitoring, expenditure control, financial reconciliation services and budgetary forecasts (budgets and financial management), using accounting systems software.
- Undertaking the subcontracting of technical specialists as required, following the parameters provided in the OPM.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of services;
- Setting up and maintaining an electronic and a physical filing system for all FSSP correspondence and supporting documents, sorted based on project, sector, thematic, administrative, and contractual requirements.
- Maintaining proper financial records and ensuring that all cost-related supporting documents (e.g., invoices, timesheets, etc.) are kept up to date and will allow the Contractor to track and report on services rendered;
- Providing other administrative, financial, auditing, communications and translation/interpretation services in Colombia and Ecuador, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as business, finance, accounting, or management.
- Training certificates in one or more of the following disciplines: Accounting Management (such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified General Accountant (CGA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)), Financial Management, Business Management
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Financial and Administrative Officer
- Experience working on at least two (2) completed multi year projects with a minimum budget value of $500,000 CAD, preferably in a developing country.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and submitting financial reports;
- Experience in data management and monitoring of financial systems to ensure that project financial and accounting data are maintained in accurate and timely manner;
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking the provision and administration of technical assistance, logistical support services, such as event and mission planning, training, seminars, meetings, conferences and other events;
- Demonstrated experience in providing input to key organization documents, including Financial Plans, Annual Work Plans, Expenditure Summaries and Reports
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances, with the capacity to find innovative ways to manage issues and challenges;
- Demonstrated ability to manage time productively and efficiently and meet changing deadlines;
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment (working both independently and as part of a small team);
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Google software including Gmail, calendar, drive, spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software.
- Professional proficiency in English and Spanish (oral, reading, writing)
WHY WORK WITH WUSC?
Join Us. Our work is important, cutting-edge, and fast-paced. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility. And we provide a phenomenal learning experience.
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Vietnam, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check where appropriate.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Interested candidates should submit an application to [email protected] as soon as possible. We are evaluating candidates on a rolling basis.
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter which details why they are an ideal candidate (qualifications and experience).
Please indicate“Colombia & Ecuador FSSP Finance and Administrative Officer” in the subject line.
Kindly note this employment opportunity is subject to funding from Canada’s DFATD.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!