Position Title: Financial and Administrative Officer
Position Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Reports to: Project Manager, Field Support Services Project (FSSP) in Carribean
Application deadline: November 30th, 2021
Nature and Scope:
The Field Support Services Project (FSSP) provides administrative, financial, procurement, and logistical services as well as support to the in-country international assistance for the Government of Canada in the Caribbean.
Canada’s international assistance in the Caribbean is aligned with Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy Action Areas: human dignity; growth that works for everyone; inclusive governance; and gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls. WUSC is seeking a Financial and Administrative Officer who will be responsible for delivering logistical, procurement, administrative, and financial services as part of the FSSP.
The duties and responsibilities of the FSSP Financial and Administrative Officer include:
Administrative and Logistical services
- ensure maintenance of the FSSP record keeping and filing system;
- provide advice on obtaining permanent accommodation, utilities, security, permits and other official documents;
- provide advice or assistance, as needed, in connection with local government documentation requirements, visa and work permit processes, and related services, such as arranging for security and accommodation;
- maintain an information management system for all electronic and paper information related to the FSSP;
- assist with travel and logistical arrangements for technical specialists and other recipients;
- manage the provision of administrative services, including, but not limited to, document production and binding, and translation and interpretation services;
- administer the provision of logistical services, such as arranging vehicle rental, travel arrangements, event and mission planning and management, and the like, as required;
- manage and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that project financial data are maintained in an accurate and timely manner;
- maintain the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems to ensure complete and accurate records of project funding;
- administer timely payments to suppliers, contractors and technical specialists;
- manage payments to be made under Local Development Initiatives (LDI) Mecanism ;
- track and monitor project expenses, in accordance with the approved project budget;
- prepare FSSP financial and procurement reports;
- prepare FSSP budgets and reviewing financial reports;
- develop and manage reporting and invoicing for services rendered;
- develop and maintain knowledge of relevant Government of Canada financial policies and regulations;
- provide financial advice related to local laws and regulations, financial institutions and the reasonableness of estimated expenses for products or services in the recipient country to support compliance with Government of Canada financial policies and regulations;
- provide accounting and financial reconciliation services;ensuring the administration of the roster of technical specialists;
- support the administration of contracts coordinated by the FSS Project Manager;
- participate in the processing of FSSP personnel files;
- supporte procurement processes;
- manage accommodation reservations and other needs for the project;
- provide procurement services for goods and services, including, but not limited to, the procurement of technical specialist services through local and international competitive processes;
- provide other related services, as required.
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as business, finance, accounting, or management;
- Professional certification, accreditation or designation in accounting or finance issued by a professional body an asset;
- Additional training in project management, public administration, procurement management, results-based management, human resources management, and/or other relevant fields an asset;
- Minimum of 4 years of cumulative professional experience and a demonstrated track record in Office Administration and Finance in the Caribbean, preferably in Guyana;
- Demonstrated experience in financial management, including budgeting, processing data for decision making, budget allocations, use of accounting software, financial reporting;
- Demonstrated experience in management of monitoring and internal control of expenses (i.e. maintaining project financial records in accordance with recognized standards, monitoring systems and internal financial controls, audit financial reports);
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic financial advice;
- Demonstrated experience developing operational documents including but not limited to: manuals, procedures, policies, or templates;
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail;
- Effective time management: able to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Excellent problem-solving skills: able to solve problems and/or identify when an issue should be elevated;
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment (working both independently and as part of a small team).
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
Interested candidates should submit an application to [email protected] by November 30th, 2021. Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter which details why they are an ideal candidate (qualifications and experience). Please indicate “Financial and Administrative Officer, FSSP Caribbean” in the subject line.
Kindly note this employment opportunity is subject to an anticipated Request for Proposals by Global Affairs Canada (GAC). Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, consultants, representatives and partners correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!