Nature and Scope
In response to a Request for Proposals by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), WUSC is preparing a proposal for the Field Support Services Project (FSSP) in Myanmar. The FSSP Myanmar is responsible for providing a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of GAC’s development programming in the country. The services provided by the FSSP Myanmar will include the management of a grantmaking mechanism for local development initiatives. WUSC is issuing a call for a Grants Coordinator/Manager who will be responsible for developing and implementing the grantmaking mechanism.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as business, finance accounting, logistics, economics, international development, procurement, project management, business administration, engineering, applied sciences;
- Professional proficiency in Burmese and English (oral, reading, writing);
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working with international development stakholders and projects, preferably in Myanmar or in the ASEAN region;
- Demonstrated experience developing a grantmaking mechanism and providing support to local development initiatives, including development of:
- operations and management procedures;
- outreach tools;
- due diligence checklists;
- reporting guidelines and templates;
- application and selection procedures, and eligibility/ selection criteria;
- Demonstrated experience implementing a grantmaking mechanism and providing support to local development initiatives, including management of:
- launch and publication of competitive process (e.g. call for proposals);
- screening and evaluation of proposals;
- due diligence activities;
- preparation and negotiation funding agreements;
- funding agreements with recipients, including financial, risk and results- based management;
- monitoring of local initiative implementation, including through site visits and reporting
- coordination of external monitoring and evaluation activities
- Demonstrated experience integrating cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality,environment, governance) into a grant-making process;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating the input of technical advisors into a grant-making process;
- Significant experience providing logistical services.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!