Nature and Scope
In response to a Request for Proposals by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), WUSC is preparing a proposal for the Middle East Field Support Services (ME-FSS) Project. The ME-FSS is responsible for providing a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of GAC’s development programming in the Middle East region. These services include, but are not limited to, the provision of administrative, logistical, technical, and financial services for GAC and other clients identified by GAC in the region. The services provided by the ME-FSS will also include management of small local funds and development initiatives.
WUSC is seeking individuals willing to submit their candidacy for consideration as a part of the implementation team for this project.WUSC is issuing a call for a Local Development Initiatives (LDI) Coordinator who will be responsible for developing and managing the LDI mechanism to be implemented by the ME-FSS. The LDI Coordinator will report to the Project Manager, ME-FSS.
- Undergraduate degree or higher in a relevant discipline such as business, finance, accounting, logistics, international development, procurement, project management, business administration, sociology, women’s studies, or applied sciences;
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience performing project coordination duties, working international development stakholders and projects, in a developing country;
- Demonstrated relevant experience providing relevant duties in Iraq, Jordan or Lebanon; experience in a regional capacity an asset;
- Significant experience in developing, implementing and monitoring and reporting on local development initiatives mechanisms, for example, management of small grants for local organizations.
- Advanced professional proficiency in English and Arabic (oral, writing and reading) required.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!