- Position Location:
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Reports To:
- Project Manager, Field Support Services Project (FSSP) in Vietnam
- Application Deadline:
- January2, 2023
Nature and Scope
The Field Support Services Program (FSSP) in Vietnam is responsible for providing a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of Global Affairs Canada (GAC) development programming in the country. This will include the management of a grantmaking mechanism for local development initiatives. This mechanism seeks to support sub-projects, proposed and implemented by eligible local organizations in Vietnam. The Local Grants Coordinator will be responsible for developing and implementing the grantmaking mechanism, including the disbursement of grant funds and technical assistance to selected projects that support GAC and Government of Vietnam development priorities.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline, such as business, finance, accounting, logistics, economics, international development, procurement, project management, business administration, engineering, or applied sciences.
Experience & Competencies
- 5+ years of cumulative demonstrated experience working with international development stakeholders and projects, preferably in Vietnam;
- Demonstrated experience developing a grantmaking mechanism and providing support to local development initiatives, including development of:
- operations and management procedures;
- outreach tools;
- due diligence checklists;
- reporting guidelines and templates;
- application and selection procedures, and eligibility/ selection criteria;
- Demonstrated experience implementing a grantmaking mechanism and providing support to local development initiatives, including management of:
- launch and publication of competitive process (e.g. call for proposals);
- screening and evaluation of proposals;
- due diligence activities;
- preparation and negotiation funding agreements;
- funding agreements with recipients, including financial, risk and results-based management;
- monitoring of local initiative implementation, including through site visits and reporting
- coordination of external monitoring and evaluation activities
- Demonstrated experience integrating cross-cutting themes (e.g. gender equality, environment) into a grant-making process;
- Demonstrated experience coordinating the input of technical advisors into a grant-making process;
- Significant experience providing logistical services.
- Advanced Professional Proficiency in English and Vietnamese (Oral, Reading and Writing)
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
Interested candidates should submit an application to [email protected] as soon as possible. We are evaluating candidates on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter which details why they are an ideal candidate (qualifications and experience). Please indicate “Local Grants Coordinator, FSSP Vietnam” in the subject line.
Kindly note this employment opportunity is subject to a Request for Proposals by Global Affairs Canada (GAC). Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, consultants representatives and partners correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!