Position title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Position location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Reports to: Team Leader
Duration: 35 months
Application deadline: December 1st, 2021
Pre-incubation, incubation and post incubation support to TEVET graduates and MSEs (potential and existing) in Malawi
The objective of the assignment is to devise a suitable technical support package comprising of tailored services to be delivered to existing incubators in Malawi, to existing BDS service providers, and to existing and potential entrepreneurs for business incubation to effectively be actioned. This project is funded as part of the Entrepreneurship and Access to Finance (a six-year effort) component of United Nations Development Programme’s (UNDP) Private Sector Development Programme (PSDP) II (2020-2023) in Malawi.
Nature and Scope:
The M&E Officer will provide monitoring and evaluation advisory support, designing and implementing effective M&E processes.
The duties and responsibilities of the M&E Officer include:
- Assist with the preparation of technical and financial reports;
- Assist with recording and disseminating lessons learned;
- Support the development of monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Support with the metrics required to be captured into the initiative’s traceability system, which provides real-time data, in order for the initiative to effectively measure the results and impacts of funded projects;
- Support to monitor closely the portfolio of investments;
- Support the monitoring of the progress of projects against the original application and the implementation agreement or any agreed revisions thereof, and in the event, that the project departs from the original plan or other difficulties arise, work with the business to address and resolve the shortcomings, seeking the advice and guidance of UNDP as necessary;
- Prepare and submit work plans, budgets and reports on progress against agreed performance indicators for each stage of incubation to UNDP as required.
- At least a post-graduate degree in the field of business, economics, finance, international development or a related field
- The M&E Officer should hold a minimum of a post-graduate degree in the field of business, economics, finance, international development or a related field
- At least 6 years of experience in providing M&E advisory services, with hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects
- Substantive knowledge of 6 years of experience in development issues and general knowledge of private sector development
- Ability to design and undertake end-line impact reports and baseline surveys;
- Experience in developing systems to collect, aggregate, and analyse data for results measurement and creating evidence-based lessons learned
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
Interested candidates should submit an application to [email protected] by December 1st, 2021. Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter which details why they are an ideal candidate (qualifications and experience). Please indicate “M&E Officer” in the subject line.
Kindly note this employment opportunity is subject to a Request for Proposals by UNDP. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, consultants, representatives and partners correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!