POSITION TITLE: Operations & Logistics Officer Cote d’Ivoire
POSITION LOCATION : Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
REPORTS TO : Country Director
CONTRACT TERM : One year with possible extensions
APPLICATION DEADLINE : on rolling
EXPECTED START DATE : Immediately
Do you enjoy handling multiple tasks? Are you well organized and work independently? WUSC is currently looking for an Operations & Logistics Officer to join our team in Côte d’Ivoire
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees.
WUSC currently works in over 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $45 million. Globally, we partner with a network of higher education institutions, civil society organizations, private sector partners, professionals, students, volunteers, faculty and community leaders that work with us to achieve our mission.
WUSC opened the Côte d’Ivoire office in April 2022 with the Sexual and Reproductive Health Support Project for THEM (PASSERELLE). This project, funded by Global Affairs Canada and with the technical support of Laval University and Farm Radio International, will take place over 05 years (from April 2022 to March 2027) in the health districts of San Pedro Soubré and Meagui. The overall objective of PASSERELLE is to improve the enjoyment of human rights relating to Sexual and Reproductive Health by the most marginalized and vulnerable rights holders, in particular adolescent girls.
In addition, Côte d’Ivoire is joining the Voluntary Cooperation Program (VCP) "INNOVATIVE GLOBAL NETWORKS FOR INCLUSION + EQUALITY (IGNI+E)" from September 2023. Through IGNI+E, WUSC supports partner organizations by working with volunteers to co-create solutions that will improve partner performance. This helps partners improve economic outcomes and the well-being of vulnerable youth – by delivering inclusive programs and services that advance gender equality and environmental sustainability.
Finally, the Nature-Based Climate Adaptation in Guinean Forests of West Africa (NbS Guinean Forests) project, funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), will be implemented in Guinea, Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana by WUSC and the Center for International Studies and Cooperation (CECI), in close collaboration with the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN), Center for International Forestry Research and International Center for Research in Agroforestry (CIFOR-ICRAF) and ABANTU for Development (April 2023 to March 2026). The project aims to strengthen the adoption of gender-responsive and inclusive climate change adaptation (CCA) solutions among communities residing in the Guinean forest region of Côte d’Ivoire, Ghana and Guinea: by improving the leadership of women in Climate Change Adaptation planning processes, increasing the restoration of degraded forests and key habitats with biodiversity benefits, and increasing gender-sensitive investments that have high revenue potential for the women.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing efficient support to all staff, volunteers and visitors by making travel arrangements, accommodation and other services as needed.
- Providing support to event planning and meeting preparations as required.
- Supervision of the Drivers, other support staff as needed and managing all records accordingly to organizational procedures and standards
- Coordination with partner administration teams, both in Abidjan and in other regions.
- Coordination of air travel with admin officers based in Canada.
- Creating, maintaining and updating a database of services and suppliers.
- Coordinating and managing all procurement processes.
- Managing all asset disposal procedures and processes.
- Creating systems and processes for both delivery of goods from and receipt of the same to the office by suppliers.
- Identifying, negotiating and maintaining relevant service and supplier agreements
- Develop or update Operational Manual and relation documentation
- Manage records, maintenance and labeling of all fixed assets of the organization.
Management of Stocks – Equipment / motorized fleet;
- Ensure the implementation of management tools and the realization of physical inventories of the logistics stock, as well as the same follow-up on the other bases in the region
- Apply and ensure compliance with inventory management procedures (warehousing and inventory)
- Coordinate the maintenance, monitoring, repair of mission vehicles/motorcycles
- Apply and ensure compliance with motorized fleet management procedures
- Establish the schedules of the drivers and weekly movements of the bases
- Carry out checks (i.e. logbooks, tracking system, etc.) and keep fuel consumption monitoring up to date
- Manage the purchase, rental of additional vehicles if necessary
- Recruit and train drivers in the rules of conduct
General Office Administration and other Related Duties
- Manage and maintain an efficient and functioning offices premises
- Coordinate relevant payments on a timely manner with the Finance Officer and assist with finance related tasks as required
- Assist the Country Director in effectively managing safety and security procedures and practices, including updating of documentation, SOPs, databases, manuals, etc.
- Ensure the safety and security of EUMC buildings (existing and trained guards, telephone list, lighting, evacuation plan, hibernation trunk, etc.)
- Support the Country Director in updating the Security Assessment report as required.
- Complete tasks assigned by the Country Director and other team members as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
● A college diploma in a relevant field (i.e. business administration) or equivalent years of professional experience.
Experience & Competencies
- Three to Five (3-5) years of office experience, prior experience working for international organizations or donors preferred.
- Experience in handling logistics and administrative support.
- Experience in managing logistics for workshops, meetings, training and volunteer placements.
- Experience in handling immigration / visa procedures for Volunteers and Foreign Missions
- Excellent oral & written communication skills in french
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft office packages and Zoom.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with partners and other relevant stakeholders and personnel associated with this program.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle multiple projects at once.
- Curious, enthusiastic and willing to innovate and adapt. To be able to perform duties independently.
● Professional proficiency in French is required (bilingual proficiency in English will be considered an asset)
WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference for youth around the world. We believe youth have the potential to provide for their families, build strong communities, and create positive social change for future generations. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, employment and empowerment.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!