POSITION TITLE: Project Coordinator, Field Support Services Project (FSSP) Colombia & Ecuador
POSITION LOCATION: Bogotá, Colombia
REPORTS TO: Project Manager, FSSP Colombia & Ecuador
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 19, 2024
EXPECTED START DATE: (subject to contract start date)
Nature and Scope:
In response to a Request for Proposals by Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs. Trade and Development (DFATD), WUSC is preparing a proposal for the Field Support Services Project (FSSP) based in Columbia and Ecuador. This FSSP is responsible for providing a range of services in support of program delivery and policy dialogue of Canada’s international assistance in Columbia and Ecuador. These services include, but are not limited to, the provision of administrative, logistical, technical, and financial services for DFATD and other clients identified by DFATD in Columbia and Ecuador.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of administrative, logistical and financial management services provided by the FSSP.
The tasks for the FSSP Project Coordinator include, but are not limited to :
- Providing ongoing information and advice on local socio-economic context and indicators, such as governmental priorities, inflation, and risk factors, in support of DFATD programming in Colombia and Ecuador.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of the services as per the pre-established technical and logistic arrangements, including compliance with schedules and client satisfaction.
- Maintaining contact with the TA throughout the duration of the contract.
- Preparing and delivering multimedia presentations and other communications products related to the provision of FSSP services and technical expertise; and
- Building and maintaining a portfolio of qualified technical specialists in various sectors of interest to Canada and local service providers, in the FSSP recipient countries.
- Maintain a record of Technical Specialists that includes their tasks/deliverables, the level of effort (days worked) and their daily fees, for the review of the Technical Authority.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as political sciences, law, business, finance, accounting, logistics, economics, international development, procurement, project management, business administration, engineering, applied sciences;
- Training certificates in one or more of the following disciplines: Project management, Public administration, Results-based management, Human resource management, Conflict management, Financial management, Capacity building or coaching approach, Gender equality or gender sensitivity training.
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Project Coordinator
- Experience working on at least two multi year completed projects with a minimum budget value of 1 million dollars preferably in a developing country;Proven experience in a number of coordination activities, including:
- Providing ongoing information and advice on local socio-economical context and indicators and their impacts on projects;
- Preparing project documents, including Operating Procedures Manuals, Annual Work Plans, narrative reports, and financial reports;
- Assisting in the preparation and coordination of documentation in response to scheduled and unscheduled reports, and observations to update management of project progress;
- Communicating information and updates with clients and stakeholders regarding project status and deliverables;
- Supporting the logistics in organizing events, trainings, conferences;
- Identifying technical specialists that respond to priorities;
- Attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Demonstrated ability to manages time productively and efficiently and meet changing deadlines;
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment (working both independently and as part of a small team).
- Professional proficiency in English and Spanish (oral, reading, writing)
WHY WORK WITH WUSC?
Join Us. Our work is important, cutting-edge, and fast-paced. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility. And we provide a phenomenal learning experience.
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Vietnam, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check where appropriate.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Interested candidates should submit an application to [email protected] as soon as possible.
We are evaluating candidates on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter which details why they are an ideal candidate (qualifications and experience).
Please indicate “Colombia & Ecuador FSSP Project Coordinator” in the subject line.
Kindly note this employment opportunity is subject to funding from Canada’s DFATD.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!