POSITION TITLE: Project Manager, Field Support Services Project (FSSP) Colombia & Ecuador
POSITION LOCATION: Bogotá, Colombia
REPORTS TO: Director, International Services
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 19, 2024
EXPECTED START DATE: (subject to contract start date)
Nature and Scope:
In response to a Request for Proposals by Canada’s Department of Foreign Affairs. Trade and Development (DFATD), WUSC is preparing a proposal for the Field Support Services Project (FSSP) based in Columbia and Ecuador. This FSSP is responsible for providing a range of services in support of program delivery and policy dialogue of Canada’s international assistance in Columbia and Ecuador. These services include, but are not limited to, the provision of administrative, logistical, technical, and financial services for DFATD and other clients identified by DFATD in Columbia and Ecuador.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the delivery of administrative, logistical and financial management services provided by the FSSP.
The tasks for the FSSP Project Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Liaising with the Technical Authority (TA) and establishing strategic engagement relationships with key partners and stakeholders (including government, civil society, other donors, private sector) on assessing needs and setting priorities
- Identifying, on a permanent basis, the risks that may affect project delivery as well as the mitigation measures required to address them, keeping the TA duly informed;
- Leading the preparation of all key FSSP documents, and seeking the TA’s approval for the FSSP work plans, service requirements and narrative reports;
- Developing an approach to include quality assurance in the management of services provided and ensuring overall quality of services provided.
- Determining the need for communications tools and products that will promote the implementation of Canada’s FIAP strategy and objectives in FSSP-related activities;
- Maintaining contact with the TA throughout the duration of the contract.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as political sciences, law, international development, economics, finance, business administration, project management, social sciences, engineering, applied sciences;
- Training certificates in one or more of the following disciplines: Project management, Public administration, Results-based management, Human resource management, Conflict management, Financial management, Innovative financing mechanism for international development, Capacity building or coaching approach, Gender equality or gender sensitivity training.
- A minimum of six (6) years of experience as a Project Manager;
- Experience working in a Developing Country or working with International Development Assistance Stakeholders, preferably in Colombia or Ecuador;
- Demonstrated experience managing international development projects with a minimum annual budget of 1 million dollars ;
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining good working relationships with key stakeholders (government, civil society, other donors, or private sector) and convening dialogues and consultations;
- Experience in identifying potential issues and programming opportunities and risks, put in place problem-solving strategies and adjust when necessary;
- Demonstrated experience in preparing key organizational documents, including Operating Procedures Manual and Annual Work Plans;
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring overall quality control and management oversight of services (management, reporting, project monitoring, risk management);
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring compliance with schedules and client satisfaction;
- Experience in preparing and delivering multimedia presentations and other communications products (e.g., brochures, outreach documents, multimedia presentations, etc.);
- Demonstrated experience in managing project life cycle such as proposal, development of a work breakdown structure, key milestones, expenditure summaries, deliverables, monitoring, reporting, communications;
- Demonstrated ability to manage Manages time productively and efficiently and meet changing deadlines;
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment (working both independently and as part of a small team); and
- Curious, enthusiastic and willing to innovate and adapt.
- Professional proficiency in English and Spanish (oral, reading, writing)
WHY WORK WITH WUSC?
Join Us. Our work is important, cutting-edge, and fast-paced. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility. And we provide a phenomenal learning experience.
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Vietnam, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check where appropriate.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Interested candidates should submit an application to [email protected] as soon as possible.
We are evaluating candidates on a rolling basis. Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter which details why they are an ideal candidate (qualifications and experience).
Please indicate “Colombia & Ecuador FSSP Project Manager” in the subject line.
Kindly note this employment opportunity is subject to funding from Canada’s DFATD.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!