Nature and Scope
In preparation for an anticipated Request for Proposals by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), WUSC is preparing a proposal for the Middle East Field Support Services (ME-FSS) Project. The ME-FSS is responsible for providing a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of GAC’s development programming in the Middle East region. These services include, but are not limited to, the provision of administrative, logistical, technical, and financial services for GAC and other clients identified by GAC in the region. The services provided by the ME-FSS also include the development, implementation and management of a local development initiatives mechanism. WUSC is seeking individuals willing to submit their candidacy for consideration as a part of the implementation team for this project.
WUSC is issuing a call for a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing the delivery of administrative, logistical and financial management services provided by the ME-FSS. The Project Manager will report to WUSC’s Director of International Services, based in Ottawa, Canada.
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as political sciences, law, international development, economics, finance, business administration, project management, social sciences, engineering, or applied sciences.
- 9+ years of demonstrated experience providing project management services in a developing country for international development stakeholders or projects;
- Demonstrated experience working in at least one of Iraq, Jordan or Lebanon; more than one country, or other fragile/conflict-affected states an asset;
- Demonstrated experience implementing programming that spans multiple countries;
- Experience in management of large initiatives of $1 million or more annually;
- Experience in provision of administration, procurement, financial and logistical services, for example, hiring of consultants, procurement of equipment, and supervision of event organization; and
- Experience in supervising the development, implementation and management of local development initiatives mechanisms, for example, management of small grants for local organizations.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!