POSITION TITLE: Recruitment Marketing Specialist (VCP)
POSITION LOCATION: Remote (Canada)
REPORTS TO: Director, Volunteer Cooperation Program
CONTRACT TERM: 1 year (with possible extension)
SALARY : PRO 2 (56 000 – 65 000)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 4, 2023
LANGUAGE REQUIRED: English required, fluency in French preferred
WUSC is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
Volunteering for development is one of the important ways in which WUSC pursues its mission. WUSC’s Volunteer Cooperation Program (VCP) has ambitious targets to mobilize hundreds of skilled Canadian volunteers each year to support partners in developing countries where we are working to advance gender equality and facilitate economic opportunities for poor and marginalized young people, especially young women and refugees. Overseas, our volunteers collaborate with a wide variety of partners, including enterprise and social enterprise development incubators, skills training centres, enterprises, women’s organizations, and youth groups. In Canada, WUSC works with institutions and individuals to identify, prepare, and support volunteers who travel overseas to support our partners for various durations of time. Our network in Canada also works with WUSC to raise awareness among Canadians to inspire greater action on global development issues. Our collective focus is on sustainable and inclusive changes to create a better world for youth.
Under the supervision of the Director, Volunteer Cooperation Program and in collaboration with the WUSC Communications and Public Engagement teams, the Marketing and Recruitment Specialist (VCP) will be responsible for marketing and drive applications from highly skilled volunteers in Canada to meet a variety of WUSC’s Volunteer Cooperation program goals. Using a data-driven approach, they will design innovative strategies and create engaging marketing campaigns (paid ads, social media, and other mediums) to attract the right audiences; build contacts with key sources; work heavily with WUSC’s internal database; and build reports to analyze the market, monitor website activity, and track applicant data, to help inform strategies and decisions for effective recruitment.
Oversight of Recruitment Marketing Strategy
- Lead the design and implementation of the volunteer marketing recruitment strategy through a range of paid and earned initiatives, including targeted marketing and utilization of external websites and social media platforms;
- Create and develop targeted marketing campaigns;
- Employ tactics to drive high-volume traffic to the WUSC website volunteer opportunities page to increase viewership, application rates, newsletter subscribers and volunteer alerts subscribers;
- Lead on posting on social media, provincial councils for international development, job boards and other networking and communications tools and continuously explore new recruitment sources, external job boards and forums to reach potential candidates;
- Individually cater to,strategize and post ads for hard-to-fill, urgent, and anticipatory volunteer assignments;
- Collaborate with WUSC’s Volunteer Mobilization, Communications and Public Engagement Teams to integrate volunteer recruitment promotion throughout WUSC’s digital strategy and improve campaign success;
- Implement tactics for improved Search Engine Optimization (SEO);
- Cultivate an active and professional relationship with external contacts, including sector related, to tap into networks and support recruitment efforts;
- Coordinate the volunteer roster to maintain a constant supply of warm candidates;
- Remain current on the recruiting industry and on international volunteer recruitment strategies; and
- Support joint Canadian Volunteer Cooperation Agency recruitment initiatives.
Data Analysis, Budgeting & Reporting
- Maintain database of recruitment sources to support targeted marketing;
- Track, record, and monitor recruitment campaigns and links, and individual volunteer assignment analytics, using Google Analytics (GA4), (e.g website traffic, activity flow, page clicks, user demographic and event conversion (application submission);
- Collect and analyze data to monitor recruitment marketing activities, trends, campaign spending resulting applications, and application data to determine success and inform the recruitment strategy;
- Provide analytical and well-documented recruiting reports to assess the market, monitor quality of candidates and report key KPIs to funders;
- Plan, monitor and manage the marketing and recruitment budget, ensuring effective use to achieve the best outcomes and highest ROI; and
- Receive invoices, coordinate timely payments and ensure accurate financial coding and proper documentation.
Other related duties:
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and review of team systems, processes and tools;
- Provide cover to other staff as needed;
- Support with onboarding of new colleagues;
- Undertake specific additional responsibilities, as may be agreed upon with their Supervisor; and
- Integrate gender equality and other inclusion considerations in all recruitment activities.
Qualifications and Competencies
Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, human resources, international development, or a relevant field
Experience & Competencies:
- At least 5-7 year’s experience in high-volume recruitment and marketing with proven sourcing and matching experience through social media, professional networks, and other means.
- Experience creating and developing targeted marketing campaigns with engaging content.
- Experience with top social media platforms, including advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Experience with Google Analytics (GA4), creating tracked campaign links, monitoring, web activity, creating events, and analyzing conversions.
- Experience with graphic design (Canva)
- Sound judgment, entrepreneurial spirit, and experience in business/partnership development and management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to work in partnership with different cultural groups, staff, and volunteers.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Understanding of cross cultural communication and intercultural adaptation.
- Understanding of the approach to gender equality and the values of international volunteering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, in English and French.
Languages: English required, fluency in French preferred
WHY WORK WITH WUSC?
Join Us. Our work is important, cutting-edge, and rewarding. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility.
WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference in the lives of youth around the world. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, economic opportunities and empowerment.
Here’s some of what you can expect working with us in Canada:
- 35-hour workweek, ability to work flexible hours
- Remote-friendly workplace, with free access to our Ottawa office
- 4 weeks annual leave, plus the week between Christmas and New Year
- Paid sick days (10) and special leave days (5)
- Extensive health and dental coverage for you and your dependents, 100% covered by us
- Group RRSP contributions, from day 1
- 300$ reimbursement for home office equipment
- Parental leave top-up
- Being part of a friendly, caring and enthusiastic team!
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check where appropriate.
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!