|TITLE||CONSULTANT(S) – E-LEARNING CONTENT DEVELOPMENT AND DESIGN IN TALENTLMS, VOLUNTEER COOPERATION PROGRAM|
|APPLICATION DEADLINE||OPEN UNTIL FILLED|
|CONTRACT TERM||MAY – AUGUST 2021 (flexible)|
|REPORTING TO||Manager, Volunteer Mobilization, Volunteer Cooperation Project|
|EXPECTED LEVEL OF EFFORT||70 hours per course|
WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
WUSC purchased TalentLMS as its learning management system in 2021 to develop a blended learning and training program for volunteers in the Volunteering for Development Program and in the Canadian Campus Engagement Program. We have identified the need for a consultant(s) to support the content development and design of self-paced training courses in TalentLMS from existing training courses currently delivered by WUSC LIVE in-person or virtually.
Under the supervision of the WUSC Manager, Volunteer Mobilization, and in consultation with the WUSC Training Officers, the Consultant will lead the instructional design of various Volunteer Cooperation Program and Canadian Campus Engagement Program volunteer training courses in TalentLMS, as well as to implement the content and design in TalentLMS. The consultant(s) can accept, as part of their contract, to deliver any number of the courses WUSC is planning to develop. Preference will be given to a consultant(s) who can deliver multiple courses as part of their contract.
- Consult with the WUSC Manager, Volunteer Mobilization, the Training Officers and the Campus Engagement team.
- Lead the instructional design and implement the content of existing training courses developed by subject matter experts into WUSC’s TalentLMS learning management system. Courses include but are not limited to:
- Introduction to WUSC
- Environmental Sustainability and Climate Action
- Human Rights
- Code of Conduct
- Volunteer Standards and Policies
- Prevention of Sexual Abuse and Exploitation
- Volunteer Engagement, Support and Management
- Public Engagement and Raising Awareness Responsibly
- Introduction to the Student Refugee Program and Refugee Sponsorship
- Running an Impactful Referendum
SPECIFIC TASKS PER COURSE
|Task/Activity||Estimated Effort (Hours)|
|Meetings with Manager Volunteer Mobilization and Training Officers||10|
|Course scoping, needs assessment and gap analysisContent and media such as some graphics, photos, videos, audio, etc. will be provided by WUSC as needed.||6|
|Instructional design plan (module road map and objectives planning)||6|
|Content development in TalentLMS, including designThis estimate assumes that any media such as some graphics, photos, videos, audio, etc. currently exists and will be provided by WUSC as needed.||20|
|Implement WUSC review feedback and delivery||8|
|Total Estimated Effort Per Course||70 hours (flexible and may vary by individual course)|
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE CONSULTANT:
The Consultant(s) is expected to have:
- Experience in instructional design and/or e-learning (samples may be requested)
- Experience developing content in TalentLMS (samples may be requested)
- High level proficiency in English
- Understanding of good practice in International Volunteer Cooperation and/or Global Development is an asset
To apply, please send an application package including:
- Cover letter which details why you are an ideal candidate, how you would approach the assignment and how many and which courses you would be willing to deliver
- Budget and financial proposal outlining daily or hourly rate and expected expenses
- 2 samples of previous similar work
- 2 references
The application package should should be submitted to [email protected]
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!