Financial and Administrative Officer (Full Time)
- Position Location:
- Reports To:
- FSSP Project Manager
- Contract Term:
- 1 Year, Renewable
- Application Deadline:
- Expected Start Date:
- April 1, 2023 (subject to donor funding)
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Latin America, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO), the MasterCard Foundation, World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
The Field Support Services (FSSP) Project
The Field Support Services Project (FSSP) Vietnam is responsible for providing a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of GAC’s development programming in the country. These services include, but are not limited to, the provision of administrative, logistical, technical, and financial services for GAC and other clients identified by GAC in Vietnam. The LDI Mechanism will seek to support Sub-Projects proposed by eligible local organizations in Vietnam, and that responds to the evolving priorities of Canada’s international assistance in Vietnam, along with Government of Vietnam development priorities across the country which is focused on Global Affairs Canada’s Feminist International Assistance Policy Action Areas: human dignity; growth that works for everyone; inclusive governance; and gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
Reporting to the FSSP Project Manager, the Financial and Administrative Officer is responsible for the delivery of logistics, administrative, and procurement services for overall effective and efficient functioning of the office. He/She will also provide some accounting assistance.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Support the operations of the FSSP headquarters office in Vietnam to include the following but not limited to:
- Tracking and monitoring project expenses in accordance with the approved project budget;
- Managing payments to be made under the LDIs;
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of DFATD financial policies and regulations;
- Providing financial advice related to local laws and regulations, financial institutions and the reasonableness of estimated expenses for products or services in the recipient country to support compliance with DFATD financial policies and regulations;
- Prepare payment requisitions and other financial documentation including budgets, expenses and financial reports;
- Maintaining the project’s finances and ensuring that all bank accounts information is properly filed and kept up to-date;
- Administer timely payments and prepare adequate (original and external) support documents for expenditures, banking transactions, travel claims, procurement, consultant/staff contracts and payroll including tax returns and report to government officials are kept;
- Procurement services for goods and services, including but not limited to procurement of Technical Specialists through local and international competitive and non-competitive processes;
- Assist with developing procurement plans and operational documents;
- Provision of administrative services, such as document production and binding, proper maintenance of the record keeping and filing system of the FSSP, and and translation and interpretation services;
- Coordinate project activities with internal and stakeholders which includes organization of project-related meetings, training and consultations
- Answering calls and receiving visitors;
- Support the implementation of office policies, systems and procedures, in line with WUSC policies, and offer suggestions for improvements;
- Maintain personnel files, support orientation of new staff, volunteers and Technical Specialists as necessary;
- Support the preparation of reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals and correspondence, and Minutes of meetings as required;
- Schedule appointments and meetings for the FSSP Project Manager, visiting personnel and consultants;
- Coordinate the functions of the driver as well as the use and maintenance of a log book for the project vehicle;
- Track office supply inventory and make necessary supply requisitions;
- Monitor office systems and operations including coordinating the necessary equipment maintenance and servicing where required;
- Support the administration of contracts under the guidance and supervision of the Project Manager;
- Maintaining an information management system for all electronic and paper information related to the FSSP.
- Logistical services such as arranging vehicle rental, travel arrangements, event and mission planning and management, etc;
- Providing advice on coordinating permanent accommodation, utilities, security, permits and other official documents;
- If required, facilitating or advising on local government documentation requirements, visa and work permit processes and other related services such as arranging for security, utilities, clearance of shipments, vehicle registration and accommodation;
- Perform any other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum qualification of post-graduate degree in Office Administration, Business Administration; or the equivalent;
- Minimum qualification of Professional designation/accreditation in accounting, or finances;
- Minimum of 6 years of financial and administrative assistance work experience;
- Professional training certificate in project management, public administration, procurement management, results-based management and human resources management obtained from a recognized educational institution;
- Proven knowledge of office administration, especially record keeping and data management;
- Knowledge and experience in preparing budgets and handling expenses;
- Experience in procurement and providing logistical support;
- Attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential information;
- Works with a high degree of accuracy in preparing and entering information;
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances, with the capacity to find innovative ways to manage issues and challenges;
- Manages time productively and efficiently and meet changing deadlines;
- Self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills;
- Good analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and good judgment; honest and trustworthy;
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Google software including Gmail, calendar, drive, spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software;
- Experience in Vietnam, or in the ASEAN region, strongly preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Language proficiency in Vietnamese, while not required, would be an asset
Why work with WUSC?
Join Us. Our work is important, cutting-edge, and fast-paced. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility, and we provide a phenomenal learning experience. WUSC offers a dynamic international work environment with a diverse intercultural workforce. We offer employees exciting opportunities to apply their skills and gain experience all while making a difference in the lives of youth around the world. Employees at WUSC work hard to create lasting change in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment.
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check where appropriate.
This employment opportunity is open to all Vietnam Nationals. WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit an application via email to [email protected] Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter which details why they are an ideal candidate (qualifications and experience). Please indicate “Vietnam FSSP Finance and Administrative Officer” in the subject line. Kindly note this employment opportunity is subject to funding from Canada’s DFATD.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!