Position title: HR & Admin Officer
Position location: Baghdad
Reports to: Deputy Country Director
Application deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: ASAP
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) and Canadian Leaders in International Consulting (CLIC) have been jointly awarded a grant from Global Affairs Canada to implement the project “Bolstering Reconstruction in Iraq Through Development, Growth and Employment” (BRIDGE).
The Project’s goal is to improve employment status of male and female youth and women in selected sectors and governorates of Iraq. The two key outcome results of the Project are: Improved delivery of gender responsive and market relevant Vocational Training; and Improved employability of targeted female and male youth and women.
BRIDGE will address the need for short-term stabilization of Iraq by helping beneficiaries integrate the labour market. It will also support the ongoing reform of the Vocational Education and Training Sector.
Nature and Scope
The Human Resources and Administration Officer will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of HR systems, processes and ensuring that all policies and procedures are in compliance with all national regulations and laws of Iraq. The HR and Admin Officer will be actively involved in project staff recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads, interviewing and managing the hiring process. The HR and Admin Officer will also provide administrative support to the project and office requirements.
Key areas of Responsibility
- Handle all recruitment requests including sourcing of candidates, filing, testing and interviewing candidates, conducting reference checks, preparing offers, and negotiating salaries.
- Assist in preparing position descriptions to management for the recruitment of new positions;
- Organize and manage new employee orientation, onboarding, and training programs.
- Issue social security, reference letters, forms, and update database.
- Prepare employee contracts and extension letters.
- Set-up and maintain follow-up systems pertaining to probation, end of contract, insurance changes, etc.
- Monitor payroll procedures and ensure compliance with policies and labor law.
- In cooperation with program management, ensure the validity of timesheets, leave request forms and monitor all leave balances.
- Set-up follow-up system for the annual evaluation process.
- Ensure HR files and documentation of all WUSC HR Iraq Offices are current and complete;
- Ensure confidentiality of information.
- Provide advice to employees on issues related to HR policies and procedures.
- Assist in the review and update of the Salary Scale as needed.
- Assist management in implementing pay changes, evaluations and other financial activities that are reflected on payroll or in employee files;
- Assist management in the day to day upholding of all WUSC procedures – in particular, National Staff Policies and Recruitment Procedures;
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to WUSC and to not jeopardize its mission.
- Ensure staff compliance with WUSC Code of Conduct and Personnel Policy Manual regarding procurement activities and WUSC Conflict of Interest policy, etc.
- Ensure that a safe and confidential system for reporting any misconduct is in place for staff.
- Support the team organizing and conducting training sessions, events and workshops, including preparing and sending invitations, RSVPs, booking venues and other logistics, preparing training certificates and materials, preparing attendance sheets and agendas, coordinating travel for participants and staff, preparing minutes of meetings and event reports when requested, etc.
- Prepare and share correspondence, documentation, and reports as needed to support the project team and activities
- Supporting the team with administrative tasks such as filing, setting up meetings, scheduling of activities, ordering supplies, ordering refreshments for meetings, and other logistics.
- Ensure operation of equipment by following up on preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- In coordination with the Procurement Officer, maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipate needed supplies, place and expediting orders for supplies, verifying receipt of supplies
- Oversee office maintenance needs and ensure that office is well kept and maintained
- Maintain all proposal files, logs, photos and process reports
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient
- Oversee and supervise the work of Service staff (cleaner and cook), and coordinate with the Procurement Officer to ensure that they have the supplies they need to perform their duties.
- Any other tasks requested by the Country Director and Deputy Project Director to support the project team and activities.
- A degree degree, business related field.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Strong organizational skills as well as attention to details
- Oral and written English skills
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from women and diverse ethnic and religious groups. If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume by email: [email protected]
Only ordinary Iraqi residents will be considered and the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!