Project Manager, Field Support Services Project (FSSP)
- Position Location:
- Hanoi, Vietnam
- Reports To:
- WUSC Senior Manager, International Services
- Application Deadline:
- Expected Start Date:
- April 2023 (subject to donor funding)
Nature and Scope
In response to a Request for Proposals by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), WUSC is preparing a proposal for the Field Support Services Project (FSSP) in Vietnam. The FSSP Vietnam is responsible for providing a range of services to support the effective and efficient implementation of GAC’s development programming in the country. These services include, but are not limited to, the provision of administrative, logistical, technical, and financial services for GAC and other clients identified by GAC in Vietnam. Management of a grantmaking mechanism for local development initiatives will also be included. WUSC is seeking individuals willing to submit their candidacy for consideration as a part of the implementation team for this project.
WUSC is issuing a call for a Project Manager who will be responsible for managing the delivery of administrative, logistical and financial management services provided by the FSSP. The Project Manager will report to WUSC’s Senior Manager of International Services, based in Ottawa, Canada.
The tasks for the FSSP Project Manager include:
- Ensure overall quality and management oversight of all services offered by Vietnam FSSP and ensuring the quality of services provided by the FSSP meets the needs and expectations of DFATD;
- Lead the development of all key Vietnam FSSP documents, including Procurement Plans, Operating Procedures Manual and Annual Work Plans, as well as overseeing the Local Development Initiative (LDI) Fund;
- Review and approve the FSSP and LDIs Fund budgets and financial reports;
- Provide oversight on procurement, logistics, and financial management services provided under the project, including the LDI Fund;
- Ensure appropriate administrative oversight of Technical Specialists, including timely delivery and quality assurance of their deliverables;
- Coordinate the work for Vietnam FSSP satellite offices in Barbados and Guyana; Ensure the quality of the reporting and invoicing for services rendered;
- Liaise regularly with the Technical Authority, DFATD HQ, the Recipient Country’s Government Authorities or representatives, and other relevant project stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain networks of key stakeholders (government, civil society, other donors, private sector);
- Oversee procurement services for goods and services, including but not limited to procurement/sub-contracting of Technical Specialists through local and international competitive processes;
- Ensure the effective management and internal monitoring of project progress and results, including dealing with project issues and problems as they arise; and
- Provide any other related services, as required.
Qualifications And Competencies:
- Advanced degree in a relevant discipline such as political sciences, law, international development, economics, finance, business administration, project management, social sciences, engineering, applied sciences;
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience managing programs and services in a developing country for international development stakeholders or projects;
- Experience in Vietnam, or in the ASEAN region, strongly preferred;
- Experience in management of large initiatives of $1 million or more annually;
- Experience in provision of administration, procurement, financial and logistical services, for example, hiring of consultants, procurement of equipment, and supervision of event organization; and
- Experience in management of grantmaking mechanisms for local development initiatives / local organizations.
- Ten (10) years of cumulative related experience working with International Development Stakeholders(s) or on an International Development Project(s);
- At least five (5) years of cumulative experience working in a Developing Country, preferably in the ASEAN Region;
- Demonstrated experience managing international development project(s) with a minimum annual budget of more than $1.5 million CAD: providing overall quality and management oversight, leading the development of key organisational documents, reviewing and approving organisation budgets, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in effective management and international monitoring of project progress and results;
- Demonstrated experience working with different types of International Development Assistance Stakeholders, including civil society organisations, the private sector, multilateral organisations, donors, as well as local or national governments;
- Knowledge, understanding and familiarity with Canada’s Feminist International Assisstance Policy;
- Effective time management: able to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Excellent problem-solving skills: able to solve problems and/or identify when an issue should be elevated;
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic team environment (working both independently and as part of a small team); and
- Curious, enthusiastic and willing to innovate and adapt.
- Professional proficiency in English and Vietnamese (oral, reading, writing)
Why work with WUSC?
Join Us. Our work is important, cutting-edge, and fast-paced. We encourage curiosity, innovation, and flexibility. And we provide a phenomenal learning experience. WUSC (World University Service of Canada) is a Canadian non-profit organization working to create a better world for all young people. We bring together a diverse network of students, volunteers, schools, governments, and businesses who share this vision. Together, we develop solutions in education, economic opportunities, and empowerment to overcome inequality and exclusion for youth around the world, particularly young women and young refugees. WUSC currently works in 25 countries across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and Vietnam, with an annual budget of approximately CAD $40 million. We have over 90 staff in our Ottawa office, and over 200 people overseas implementing 16 development projects in collaboration with donors such as Global Affairs Canada, the UK Department for International Development (DFID), the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, and the African Development Bank.
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion, sexual exploitation or abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check where appropriate.
This employment opportunity is open to all Vietnam Nationals and International Experts. WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit an application via email to [email protected]
Candidates should submit a CV and a cover letter which details why they are an ideal candidate (qualifications and experience). Please indicate “Vietnam FSS Project Manager” in the subject line.
Kindly note this employment opportunity is subject to funding from Canada’s DFATD.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!