Partner Name: Network for Youth Development
E-Volunteer Location: Canada
Partner Location: Malawi
Duration: 4 months
Time Commitment: 10 hours per week
Context for the Assignment:
Are you passionate about youth inclusion and empowerment? Do you have communications and media skills to share?
As a Communications Advisor E-volunteer with The Network for Youth Development you will support to increase the visibility of the organization’s important work bringing youth from different backgrounds together to share ideas, exchange experiences and learn from each other .
Apply today to play a role in supporting youth empowerment in Malawi!
- Support the Network for Youth Development staff in developing stories and case studies for the website, external media and online media, with a particular focus on identifying international media and online platforms to target;
- Support the identification of new audiences and online platforms, and work with staff to increase the international profile of the organization;
- Support the development of social media strategies and content;
- Participate in pre-assignment online training;
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits;
- Co-develop the e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using the WUSC e-volunteer work plan template;
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in communications, information technology, social sciences or other relevant field;
- Experience with report writing and/or publications;
- Experience using web tools for audio and video editing is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative;
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group;
- Comfortable using online working platforms;
- Access to a reliable internet connection;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
The Network for Youth Development (NfYD) is a local non-governmental organization that is committed to empowering youth to play an active role in the development processes that affect their lives. The organization provides a forum where youth from different backgrounds are able to share ideas, exchange experiences and learn from each other. NfYD is working to build a community of self-reliant young people who are participating in the developmental issues that affect them in their communities, regardless of culture, age, gender etc. The Network for Youth Development has established clubs to work closely with youth in these areas of focus: gender, youth participation, youth and children’s rights, human rights, education, climate change and agriculture. For more information, please visit www.nfydmw.org.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!
Votre travail de renforcement des capacités vers des économies plus résilientes et inclusives est plus que jamais nécessaire! Bien que nous ayons temporairement fermé nos bureaux à l'échelle mondiale, l'EUMC continue de travailler avec nos partenaires à travers le monde, y compris le soutien de nos volontaires en ligne résidants au Canada. Vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine tout en ayant un impact grâce au nouveau programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC!
Si vous êtes intéressés à faire du volontariat à l'international avec nous, nous voulons quand même vous entendre! Nous continuons à recruter des volontaires pour des postes à l'international, bien que les départs soient temporairement en attente. Nous n’enverrons pas de volontaires à l’étranger tant que nous ne sommes pas convaincus qu'il est sécuritaire de le faire.