Partner Name: Centre for Youth and Development (CYD)
E-Volunteer Location: Canada
Partner Location: Malawi
Duration: 4 months
Time Commitment: 15 hours per week
Context for the Assignment:
Are you passionate about supporting young entrepreneurs? Do you have marketing skills to share?
As the Digital Marketing Advisor E-volunteer with Centre for Youth Development (CYD), you will support in developing the digital marketing capabilities of the organization to help young agricultural entrepreneurs in promoting their products.
Apply today to support the economic empowerment of youth in Malawi!
- Support in reviewing the current marketing strategy and provide guidance on the creation of new digital promotional campaigns;
- Work with staff to develop new innovative business marketing strategies for the entrepreneurs’ groups;
- Work with the partner to create targeted marketing campaigns making best use of the existing local and international markets for their products;
- Participate in pre-assignment online training;
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits;
- Co-develop an e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using the WUSC e-volunteer work plan template;
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in entrepreneurship, digital marketing, communications, or a related discipline;
- Demonstrate experience in digital marketing, including producing relevant communications material;
- Experience designing and delivering capacity-building activities and coaching sessions;
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group;
- Comfortable using online working platforms;
- Access to a reliable internet connection;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
The Centre for Youth and Development (CYD) is a local NGO with an innovative people-led approach to contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals. CYD was established in 2012 and works in partnership with local governments and communities across 8 districts of Malawi to build capacity for youth, through training and mentorship, to be agents of change in their communities. Over the years, CYD have developed a trusted reputation with beneficiaries, communities, partners, local councils and funding partners. Through training and community mobilization, CYD focuses on economic empowerment, business management and educational training to help in creating opportunities for better life for youth. For more information visit www.cydmalawi.org/
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, marketing strategy for The Centre for Youth and Development focused primarily on offline platforms. Now, the organization is interested in using digital platforms to increase the diversification of their markets and expand their reach.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!
Votre travail de renforcement des capacités vers des économies plus résilientes et inclusives est plus que jamais nécessaire! Bien que nous ayons temporairement fermé nos bureaux à l'échelle mondiale, l'EUMC continue de travailler avec nos partenaires à travers le monde, y compris le soutien de nos volontaires en ligne résidants au Canada. Vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine tout en ayant un impact grâce au nouveau programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC!
Si vous êtes intéressés à faire du volontariat à l'international avec nous, nous voulons quand même vous entendre! Nous continuons à recruter des volontaires pour des postes à l'international, bien que les départs soient temporairement en attente. Nous n’enverrons pas de volontaires à l’étranger tant que nous ne sommes pas convaincus qu'il est sécuritaire de le faire.