- Assignment ID:
- Assignment Title:
- Digital Marketing Advisor (E-Volunteer)
- There is Hope – Malawi
- 4 months (with possibility of extension)
- Time Commitment:
- 10-15 hours per week (flexible)
- Volunteer Location:
- Canada (remote)
Are you passionate about product marketing and supporting the economic empowerment of young refugees?
As the Digital Marketing Advisor e-volunteer with There is Hope, you will provide support in the online retail marketing of Malawian-made products to reach global audiences. In this role, you will support the organization to sustainably diversify their income through online sales and support refugees and their host community in overcoming poverty and becoming self reliant.
Apply today and improve opportunities for young refugees from the Dzaleka Refugee camp in Malawi!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support in reviewing the current digital marketing strategy and advise on the creation of consistent promotional campaigns
- Provide support in creating create a targeted marketing campaigns to reach out to potential customers and distributors interested in ethical, artisan made goods
- Provide support in growing online customer base to different audiences locally and internationally
- Participate in pre-assignment online training
- Participate in at least 3 public engagement initiatives before, during, or after the assignment. Volunteers will be equipped with the tools, training, and support to achieve these goals Volunteers will also have one virtual check-in with the Public Engagement Officer throughout the course of their assignment
- Ensure that a gender equality lens is consistently applied in the execution of all activities
- Support partners to empower young women and promote a culture of gender sensitive representation in all activities and program benefits
- Co-develop an e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using WUSC volunteer work plan template
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree and/or training in digital marketing, communications, or other related fields
- Experience in digital marketing, content development, and designing campaigns for social media
- Experience in developing Google AdWords is an asset
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group
- Comfortable using online working platforms
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
Volunteering for development is one of the important ways in which WUSC pursues its mission. The IGNI+E project, funded by Global Affairs Canada, supports over 70 partner organizations to advance gender equality and the economic empowerment of 1.2 million youth around the world. IGNI+E harnesses the knowledge, capacity and expertise of skilled Canadians through volunteer assignments and public engagement activities to assist partners in improving their performance, advocating for gender equality, and implementing more sustainable, innovative and inclusive initiatives and services for poor and marginalised youth, particularly young women. Overseas, our volunteers collaborate with a wide variety of partners, including enterprise and social enterprise development incubators, skills training centres, women's organizations, and youth groups. In Canada, WUSC works with institutions and individuals to identify, prepare, and support volunteers who travel overseas to support our partners. Our network in Canada also works with WUSC to raise awareness among Canadians to inspire greater action on global development issues. Our collective focus is on sustainable and inclusive changes to create a better world for youth.
There is Hope (TiH) is an organization located next to the Dzaleka Refugee Camp in Malawi. Their vision is to see refugees, and their host community, escape poverty and become self-reliant. There is Hope exists to provide access to education and income generating activities for refugees and their host community, and strengthen their well-being. For more information, please visit thereishopemalawi.org/
- Support and guidance from the WUSC Volunteer Mobilization Team prior to assignment and from the WUSC Country Team while on assignment
- Re-assignment training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for e-volunteering in an intercultural context and meet other e-volunteers
- Country orientation to better understand the cultural context of the country
- E-volunteers who contribute a minimum of 21 hours per week are eligible to receive an allowance of $35 CAD per day, up to a maximum of $700 CAD per month. This allowance is taxable income.
- Debriefing after completion of assignment
- An incredible opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to global development, enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form. International volunteers will also be required to submit a criminal record verification.
WUSC is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct. The pledge represents the shared commitment as Canada’s global development and humanitarian leaders to ensure the full implementation of practices and policies that will protect and respond to our own staff, volunteers and the communities we serve. We are committed to creating safe and respectful workplaces and programs that promote gender equality and are free from gender-based violence, including by addressing and responding to all abuse of power, holding people to account, and protecting the vulnerable. Read the full pledge.
Reprise des départs de volontaires internationaux
Nous avons besoin de votre soutien au renforcement des capacités visant à créer des économies plus résilientes et plus inclusives maintenant plus que jamais! Après une interruption des voyages perdurant depuis mars 2020, les départs de volontaires internationaux vers l'Afrique, l'Asie et les Caraïbes ont repris grâce à la levée de la restriction canadienne sur les voyages non essentiels : https://voyage.gc.ca/voyager/avertissements
Toutes les personnes qui envisagent de devenir volontaires à l’étranger avec l’EUMC doivent faire preuve d’ouverture d’esprit et de flexibilité, et accepter de remplir les conditions suivantes :
- avoir reçu une vaccination complète (deux doses de vaccin) contre la COVID-19 et être en mesure de fournir une preuve de leur vaccination;
- respecter les exigences du gouvernement canadien et du pays d’affectation, ainsi que celles des compagnies aériennes en ce qui concerne les tests de réaction en chaîne de la polymérase (PCR);
- accepter de respecter toutes les directives visant à atténuer la propagation de la COVID-19 émises par le gouvernement canadien, l’EUMC et les autorités locales du pays d’affectation.
Consultez les possibilités de volontariat international ci-dessous et cliquez ici pour lire notre FAQ sur le volontariat international.
L'EUMC continue également de collaborer avec ses partenaires partout dans le monde grâce au soutien de volontaires en ligne résidant au Canada. En tant que volontaire en ligne, vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine et avoir un impact grâce au programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC! Consultez les possibilités de volontariat en ligne ci-dessous et cliquez ici pour lire notre FAQ sur le volontariat en ligne.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!