ASSIGNMENT CONTEXT:WUSC volunteers provide support to social entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship incubators serving young innovators. Volunteers will support our partner organizations to identify, incubate and scale enterprises and social enterprises that have the potential to solve the pressing challenges faced by marginalized young people in their regions. In some cases, volunteers will work to scale mid-stage enterprises by developing their strategic and operational capacities. Canadian volunteers will provide support in areas such as business development, analytics, innovation and design thinking, and financing strategies for growing businesses.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES COULD INCLUDE:
- Advise and assist on the best practices for startup businesses management;
- Provide guidance on continued business management;
- Provide clear communication and guidance to start up entrepreneurs on risk management;
- Support organizations in creating platforms to provide technical assistance and expertise to youth on the implementation of projects/business plans;
- Strengthen the capacity of partner organizations to research new business opportunities for young trainees, and promote the inclusion of youth and young women in entrepreneurship;
- Provide training and guidance to partner organizations on entrepreneurship to strengthen their capacity to create and identify economic opportunities for youth;
- In collaboration with partners, build the capacity of young men and young women in business development
- Support partner organizations in social enterprise and business innovation within the youth initiatives by partners;
- Volunteers are required to undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and one-on-one support to achieve these goals;
- Ensure the participation of women and youth, as well as their representation, in all activities and all program benefits; and
- Write reports as required by WUSC
- Degree and/or formal education in business administration or a related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in entrepreneurship, or business development
- Experience working with entrepreneurship support organizations, incubators, or social impact investment firms
- Track record of innovation including product and process innovation
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers
- Travel, meals and accommodation are covered
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country
- Language training in-country where required
- Return flights, visas and work permits
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials
- Health insurance
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas
- Accommodation while overseas
- Vacation leave entitlement
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment
- Travel, meals and accommodation are covered
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!
Votre travail de renforcement des capacités vers des économies plus résilientes et inclusives est plus que jamais nécessaire! Bien que nous ayons temporairement fermé nos bureaux à l'échelle mondiale, l'EUMC continue de travailler avec nos partenaires à travers le monde, y compris le soutien de nos volontaires en ligne résidants au Canada. Vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine tout en ayant un impact grâce au nouveau programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC!
Si vous êtes intéressés à faire du volontariat à l'international avec nous, nous voulons quand même vous entendre! Nous continuons à recruter des volontaires pour des postes à l'international, bien que les départs soient temporairement en attente. Nous n’enverrons pas de volontaires à l’étranger tant que nous ne sommes pas convaincus qu'il est sécuritaire de le faire.