Partner name: Uganda Youth Network
E-volunteer location: Canada
Partner Location: Uganda
Duration: 4 months
Time Commitment: 30 hours per week
Are you passionate about improving livelihoods and increasing opportunities for youth? Do you have fundraising skills to share? As the Fundraising Advisor E-volunteer, you will work with the Uganda Youth Network to diversify their funding and partnership opportunities as we enter a new global context.
Apply today to have an impact on young people’s lives in Uganda.
- Support in researching new grants and funding opportunities through donor websites, newspaper postings and linkages to relevant calls for proposals;
- Assist in developing a partnership and fundraising strategy in line with the organization’s 10 – year’s strategic plan;
- Provide technical support in developing high quality and innovative proposals during the designing of new projects and redesigning of existing ones;
- Support in identifying global strategic partners to strengthen funding applications;
- Build capacity of UYONET around understanding donor emerging priorities in the current global funding context;
- Play a key role in developing a fundraising roadmap;
- Participate in pre-assignment online training;
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment. You will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits;
- Co-develop an e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using WUSC volunteer work plan template;
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in business administration, communications, fundraising or a related field;
- Experience in fundraising, grant proposal development, donor relations and mapping;
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group;
- Comfortable using online working platforms;
- Access to a reliable internet connection;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience in capacity building, research and writing skills;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
Uganda Youth Network (UYONET) is a leading national youth organization that works to mainstream young peoples’ engagement in development and governance processes in Uganda and East Africa. Since its formation, UYONET has worked to respond to the increasing demand for a collective platform for research, training and policy advocacy for young people in Uganda. UYONET has contributed greatly in youth empowerment through creating platforms and infrastructure with which youth can debate critical issues, build their capacity, carry out lobbying and advocacy, and generate policy change. With a membership of over 47 youth organizations, UYONET is now at the apex of youth programming and designing appropriate interventions that respond to the needs of the youth across the region.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Uganda Youth Network was implementing the 10-year strategic plan designed to build a stronger youth movement. As part of efforts to realize this aspiration, UYONET is committed to increasing the technical, organizational and advocacy capacities of local youth organizations through training, mentorship and professional development opportunities. Inorder to accomplish this, UYONET is seeking support in expanding its funding base so as to meet the needs of the young people we serve. Since the outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic, it seems donor priorities are likely to change during and after the pandemic thus the need to rethink the fundraising direction.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form.Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!
Votre travail de renforcement des capacités vers des économies plus résilientes et inclusives est plus que jamais nécessaire! Bien que nous ayons temporairement fermé nos bureaux à l'échelle mondiale, l'EUMC continue de travailler avec nos partenaires à travers le monde, y compris le soutien de nos volontaires en ligne résidants au Canada. Vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine tout en ayant un impact grâce au nouveau programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC!
Si vous êtes intéressés à faire du volontariat à l'international avec nous, nous voulons quand même vous entendre! Nous continuons à recruter des volontaires pour des postes à l'international, bien que les départs soient temporairement en attente. Nous n’enverrons pas de volontaires à l’étranger tant que nous ne sommes pas convaincus qu'il est sécuritaire de le faire.