The Gender Advisor will support organizations working to improve their capacity to deliver gender responsive solutions, and create inclusive employment and entrepreneurship services for poor and marginalized young women. This role will work to increase the understanding of gender-specific and intersectional barriers faced by young women and improve the ability of organizations to respond to their unique needs. Volunteers will provide support to women’s organizations, training and vocational institutions, and employer groups in areas such as gender mainstreaming, analysis, training, communication, and research.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES COULD INCLUDE:
- Support the design and implementation of a country and context specific gender strategy that will guide current and future programming;
- Conduct a gender analysis of partner organizations;
- Design and deliver training sessions on gender equality, women’s economic empowerment, and feminist approaches to development to WUSC staff, volunteers, and partner organizations;
- Share resources and participate in online exchanges with Gender Advisors, staff, and partners in other countries and regions to promote knowledge sharing;
- Collaborate with local partners to develop strategies and tools to increase the participation of young women and promote their increased access to and control over resources;
- Support partners to develop tailored services and products that meet the needs, capacities and aspirations of marginalized young women;
- Support in the implementation of gender equality and gender mainstreaming initiatives within partners, such as gender audits, gender-sensitive work planning, gender budgeting, etc.;
- Volunteers are required to undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and one-on-one support to achieve these goals;
- Provide volunteers with support and resources in creating gender-responsive initiatives within their partner organizations; and
- Write reports as required by partner organizations and WUSC.
- Degree and/or formal training in gender/women’s studies, social sciences, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience working in gender equality
- Knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation will be an asset
- Strong analytical, reporting, and communication skills
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers
- Travel, meals and accommodation are covered
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country
- Language training in-country where required
- Return flights, visas and work permits
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials
- Health insurance
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas
- Accommodation while overseas
- Vacation leave entitlement
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment
- Travel, meals and accommodation are covered
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!
Votre travail de renforcement des capacités vers des économies plus résilientes et inclusives est plus que jamais nécessaire! Bien que nous ayons temporairement fermé nos bureaux à l'échelle mondiale, l'EUMC continue de travailler avec nos partenaires à travers le monde, y compris le soutien de nos volontaires en ligne résidants au Canada. Vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine tout en ayant un impact grâce au nouveau programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC!
Si vous êtes intéressés à faire du volontariat à l'international avec nous, nous voulons quand même vous entendre! Nous continuons à recruter des volontaires pour des postes à l'international, bien que les départs soient temporairement en attente. Nous n’enverrons pas de volontaires à l’étranger tant que nous ne sommes pas convaincus qu'il est sécuritaire de le faire.