- Assignment ID:
- Assignment Title:
- Gender Equality Advisor
- Vietnam Women Academy (VWA)
- 6 to 12 months (flexible)
- Time Commitment:
- 35 hours per week
Are you passionate about advancing gender equality and improving economic opportunities for youth? Do you have relevant skills to share?
As the Gender Equality Advisor supporting the Vietnam Women Academy (VWA), you will raise awareness of gender equality and support the organization to develop gender equality policies and practices.
Apply today to make a positive impact in Vietnam!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support in developing relevant gender equality resources and training sessions
- Review, integrate and mainstream gender equality into the organization’s activities and projects
- Share best practices in gender policy development, strategies and frameworks
- Participate in pre-assignment training
- Participate in at least 3 public engagement initiatives before, during, or after the assignment Volunteers will be equipped with the tools, training, and support to achieve these goals. Volunteers will also have one virtual check-in with the Public Engagement Officer throughout the course of their assignment
- Set up a personalized volunteer fundraising page on the WUSC fundraising platform and share it in your networks. Volunteers will be supported with the tools, training and support to achieve the fundraising goal.
- Ensure that a gender equality lens is consistently applied in the execution of all activities
- Support partners to empower young women and promote a culture of gender sensitive representation in all activities and program benefits.
- Submit reports as required by the partner organization and by WUSC.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree and/or training in development, gender equality, social inclusion or related field
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering.
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development considered an asset
- Experience living and working internationally considered an asset.
- Written and oral fluency in English.
Volunteering for development is one of the important ways in which WUSC pursues its mission. The IGNI+E project, funded by Global Affairs Canada, supports over 70 partner organizations to advance gender equality and the economic empowerment of 1.2 million youth around the world. IGNI+E harnesses the knowledge, capacity and expertise of skilled Canadians through volunteer assignments and public engagement activities to assist partners in improving their performance, advocating for gender equality, and implementing more sustainable, innovative and inclusive initiatives and services for poor and marginalised youth, particularly young women. Overseas, our volunteers collaborate with a wide variety of partners, including enterprise and social enterprise development incubators, skills training centres, women's organizations, and youth groups. In Canada, WUSC works with institutions and individuals to identify, prepare, and support volunteers who travel overseas to support our partners. Our network in Canada also works with WUSC to raise awareness among Canadians to inspire greater action on global development issues. Our collective focus is on sustainable and inclusive changes to create a better world for youth.
Vietnam Women Academy (VWA) is a public higher education institution, under the supervision of the Vietnam Womens Union (VWU). It was established in October 2012 by the Prime Minister of the Social Republic of Vietnam, on the basis of upgrading the Central Women Training School. VWAs mission is to provide training for VWA staff, female staff in the political system; participate in training the high-quality and multisector human resources for the country; implement scientific and technological missions; and research on women and gender equality.
- Support and guidance from the WUSC Volunteer Mobilization Team prior to departure and from WUSC Country Team while on assignment
- Pre-departure training to learn about the volunteering for development program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and network with other volunteers
- Travel, meals and accommodation during in-person pre-departure training
- In-country orientation upon arrival in country of assignment
- Language training in country of assignment, where required
- Modest monthly living and accommodation allowance
- Airfare to and from the assignment country
- Visa/work permit
- Pre-departure medical exam
- Health insurance
- Vaccinations and antimalarial medication
- COVID-19 PCR testing
- Criminal record verification
- Vacation leave entitlement
- Debriefing after completion of assignment
- Support for accompanying spouse and dependents for assignments of 12 months or longer
- An incredible opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to global development, enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form. International volunteers will also be required to submit a criminal record verification.
WUSC is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct. The pledge represents the shared commitment as Canada’s global development and humanitarian leaders to ensure the full implementation of practices and policies that will protect and respond to our own staff, volunteers and the communities we serve. We are committed to creating safe and respectful workplaces and programs that promote gender equality and are free from gender-based violence, including by addressing and responding to all abuse of power, holding people to account, and protecting the vulnerable. Read the full pledge.
Reprise des départs de volontaires internationaux
Nous avons besoin de votre soutien au renforcement des capacités visant à créer des économies plus résilientes et plus inclusives maintenant plus que jamais! Après une interruption des voyages perdurant depuis mars 2020, les départs de volontaires internationaux vers l'Afrique, l'Asie et les Caraïbes ont repris grâce à la levée de la restriction canadienne sur les voyages non essentiels : https://voyage.gc.ca/voyager/avertissements
Toutes les personnes qui envisagent de devenir volontaires à l’étranger avec l’EUMC doivent faire preuve d’ouverture d’esprit et de flexibilité, et accepter de remplir les conditions suivantes :
- avoir reçu une vaccination complète (deux doses de vaccin) contre la COVID-19 et être en mesure de fournir une preuve de leur vaccination;
- respecter les exigences du gouvernement canadien et du pays d’affectation, ainsi que celles des compagnies aériennes en ce qui concerne les tests de réaction en chaîne de la polymérase (PCR);
- accepter de respecter toutes les directives visant à atténuer la propagation de la COVID-19 émises par le gouvernement canadien, l’EUMC et les autorités locales du pays d’affectation.
Consultez les possibilités de volontariat international ci-dessous et cliquez ici pour lire notre FAQ sur le volontariat international.
L'EUMC continue également de collaborer avec ses partenaires partout dans le monde grâce au soutien de volontaires en ligne résidant au Canada. En tant que volontaire en ligne, vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine et avoir un impact grâce au programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC! Consultez les possibilités de volontariat en ligne ci-dessous et cliquez ici pour lire notre FAQ sur le volontariat en ligne.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!