Title: Partnership and Resource Mobilization Advisor (E-volunteer)
Partner Name: Organization of African Youth
E-volunteer Location: Canada
Partner Location: Kenya
Duration: 4 months
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week (flexible)
Context for the Assignment:
Are you looking to improve the economic and empowerment opportunities for youth around the world? If so, this might be the role for you!
As the Partnership and Resource Mobilization Advisor (E-volunteer) with the Organization of African Youth in Kenya, you will support the development of partnerships and professional networks, coordination of efforts and mobilization of resources to strengthen the organization’s ability to motivate, unify and empower youth to be drivers of social, political and economic transformation.
Apply for this position and let’s make a difference together!
- In collaboration with the partner, assess the current partnership strategy;
- Develop and recommend partnership strategies and share best practices related to building key partnerships, resource mobilization and frameworks;
- Support the development of partnership management and resource mobilization tracking systems;
- Support the development of donor specific strategies and grant writing proposals;
- Share best practice on donor trend analysis in Kenya’s funding environment;
- Assist in developing training on developing and managing partnerships, key donor relationship management and the key skills required in resource mobilization and relationship management;
- Participate in pre-assignment online training;
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after your volunteer assignment. You will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits;
- Co-develop an e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using WUSC volunteer work plan template;
- Participate in organizational and project improvement activities such as surveys, assessments and learning/planning sessions;
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in International Development, Business Administration, Social Science or a related field;
- Experience in business development;
- Experience in proposal writing and fundraising an asset;
- Experience working or volunteering with an international non-profit program and/or in partnership development;
- Ability to develop fresh approaches and innovations;
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group;
- Comfortable using online working platforms;
- Access to a reliable internet connection;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
Organization of African Youth (OAY) is a non-governmental organization that conforms to the provisions of the African Youth Charter adopted by the African Union. Organization of African Youth serves as a platform for young people in Africa to assert their power in numbers, energy and imagination to transform Africa. They work to motivate, unify and empower youth to be drivers of social, political and economic transformation. Through networks and partners across Kenya, OAY strengthens synergies and collaboration to address the unique needs of the local youth.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Organization of African Youth’s focus was in providing a platform for young people in Africa to assert their power in numbers, energy and imagination to transform Africa. In the current COVID-19 context, OAY is delivering essential goods and services to communities within their implementation area.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!
Votre travail de renforcement des capacités vers des économies plus résilientes et inclusives est plus que jamais nécessaire! Bien que nous ayons temporairement fermé nos bureaux à l'échelle mondiale, l'EUMC continue de travailler avec nos partenaires à travers le monde, y compris le soutien de nos volontaires en ligne résidants au Canada. Vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine tout en ayant un impact grâce au nouveau programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC!
Si vous êtes intéressés à faire du volontariat à l'international avec nous, nous voulons quand même vous entendre! Nous continuons à recruter des volontaires pour des postes à l'international, bien que les départs soient temporairement en attente. Nous n’enverrons pas de volontaires à l’étranger tant que nous ne sommes pas convaincus qu'il est sécuritaire de le faire.