E-volunteer location: Canada
Partner Name: Africa Agribusiness Academy
Partner country: Uganda
Duration: 4 months
Time commitment: 35 hours per week
Are you passionate about improving global food security?
As the Partnership and Resource Mobilization E-volunteer, you will support the Africa Agribusiness Academy to review, identify, develop and build capacity of key staff members in resource mobilization and partnership development.
Apply today to support the growth of small and medium scale agribusinesses in Africa
- Review and provide feedback on Africa Agribusiness Academy’s current resource mobilization strategy;
- Provide advice on donor targeting approaches, current donor databases, and partnership development;
- Support the development targeted strategies to specific donors;
- Review past proposals and feedback from donors, identify capacity gaps and make recommendations;
- Build staff capacity on donor funding trend analysis in Uganda, resource mobilization and proposal writing;
- Support in creating partnership management and resource mobilization tracking mechanisms;
- Provide guidance on growing current partnership and establishing new formal partnerships with the public and private sectors;
- Support staff in developing effective communication skills and partners’ relationship management skills;
- Support the organization in documenting and developing tools for impact assessment, including capturing success stories and cases studies;.
- Develop strategies to enhance membership of women-led/owned and youth-led/owned small and medium scale businesses in the AAA business platform;
- Participate in pre-assignment online training;
- Co-develop an E-volunteer work plan using WUSC volunteer work plan template;
- Participate in organizational and project improvement activities such as surveys, assessments and learning/planning sessions;
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by WUSC.
- Support country office staff in program related activities, when necessary
- Degree and/or training in international development, business administration, social science, or a related field;
- Experience working with a membership organization, international non-profit program and/or partnership development;
- Experience in resource mobilization, partnership building, proposal writing and/or donor mapping, fund management;
- Knowledge of donors trends in African countries;
- Ability to do research, analyze information and draw insights.
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group;
- Comfortable using online working platforms;
- Access to a reliable internet connection;A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience in capacity building, research and writing skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
The Africa Agribusiness Academy (AAA) is a network of entrepreneurs seeking to foster innovation and growth of small and medium scale agribusiness firms in Africa, with the ultimate aim to contribute to economic growth and improvement of rural income and food security in Africa. It was founded in 2010 by a group of innovative agri-food entrepreneurs from Eastern Africa.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, Africa Agribusiness Academy’s main focus was on increasing fundraising and resource mobilization to scale-up their revolving fund. This fund provides short-term loans to AAA members at an affordable interest rate. In the current COVID-19 context, AAA is supporting the small to midsize enterprises member organizations to keep up with the business through innovative ways such as use of technology in online marketing, mobile money transactions and peer-peer business mentorship.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form.Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!
Votre travail de renforcement des capacités vers des économies plus résilientes et inclusives est plus que jamais nécessaire! Bien que nous ayons temporairement fermé nos bureaux à l'échelle mondiale, l'EUMC continue de travailler avec nos partenaires à travers le monde, y compris le soutien de nos volontaires en ligne résidants au Canada. Vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine tout en ayant un impact grâce au nouveau programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC!
Si vous êtes intéressés à faire du volontariat à l'international avec nous, nous voulons quand même vous entendre! Nous continuons à recruter des volontaires pour des postes à l'international, bien que les départs soient temporairement en attente. Nous n’enverrons pas de volontaires à l’étranger tant que nous ne sommes pas convaincus qu'il est sécuritaire de le faire.