The Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will support the WUSC team and our partners to establish a gender-responsive and results oriented monitoring and evaluation system to assess the effectiveness and impact of our programming. This will include baseline partner capacity assessments and supporting the development of organizational capacity development plans for each partner, identifying outcome and impact indicators in collaboration with local partners, and developing means to promote collective learning and knowledge mobilization strategies for a diverse range of organizations collaborating to support youth employment and entrepreneurship. The Advisor, in collaboration with country staff, will be a focal point for training partner organizations and volunteers in performance measurement and reporting.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES COULD INCLUDE:
- Conduct research into economic opportunities for marginalized young people, especially young women,within the national economy in the host country, based on prior knowledge and expertise within the WUSC office;
- Support the development of key planning documents, including the Program Implementation Plan (PIP), Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy, and Annual Work Plans;
- Identify and explore opportunities for partnership with actors in relevant sectors;
- Review and adjust partner capacity assessment measurement tools to fit local context and requirements while ensuring that key reporting data is captured consistently, consolidated and shared with relevant team members;
- Ensure that gender equality and Gender-Based Analysis + principals are integrated into all monitoring and evaluation processes and tools;
- Co-design, administer and analyze results of capacity assessments with local partners to provide a set of recommendations;
- Facilitate training with partner organizations on developing operationally viable capacity development plans, including providing training on performance measurement and results reporting;
- Support the design and delivery of workshops in monitoring and evaluation for staff, volunteers and local partners;
- Support in developing research methodologies and guidelines, and document and disseminate relevant findings;
- Document and share best practices and lessons learned with program stakeholders;
- Volunteers are required to undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and one-on-one support to achieve these goals;
- Share tools and participate in online exchanges with Monitoring and Evaluation Advisors, staff, and partners in other countries and regions to promote knowledge sharing; and
- Write reports as required by partner organizations and WUSC.
- Degree and/or formal training in human resources, volunteer management, social sciences, or a related discipline
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in volunteer managementExcellent judgment and problem-solving skills
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers
- Travel, meals and accommodation are covered
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country
- Language training in-country where required
- Return flights, visas and work permits
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials
- Health insurance
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas
- Accommodation while overseas
- Vacation leave entitlement
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment
- Travel, meals and accommodation are covered
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!
Votre travail de renforcement des capacités vers des économies plus résilientes et inclusives est plus que jamais nécessaire! Bien que nous ayons temporairement fermé nos bureaux à l'échelle mondiale, l'EUMC continue de travailler avec nos partenaires à travers le monde, y compris le soutien de nos volontaires en ligne résidants au Canada. Vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine tout en ayant un impact grâce au nouveau programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC!
Si vous êtes intéressés à faire du volontariat à l'international avec nous, nous voulons quand même vous entendre! Nous continuons à recruter des volontaires pour des postes à l'international, bien que les départs soient temporairement en attente. Nous n’enverrons pas de volontaires à l’étranger tant que nous ne sommes pas convaincus qu'il est sécuritaire de le faire.