Assignment Locations: Ghana, Malawi
Duration: 12 months
Context for the Assignment:
The Program and Volunteer Support Advisor will assist the WUSC country office in the delivery of volunteer and program management support activities. The volunteer will work in collaboration with WUSC program support staff and volunteers across the program to ensure consistency, responsiveness and continued quality in the support provided to volunteers. The volunteer will also support general program planning and management activities in the local WUSC office, including, on a case by case basis: liaising with partner organizations, contributing to work planning and other tasks which support the effective management of WUSC volunteer cooperation within the country.
Roles And Responsibilities Could Include:
- Work with WUSC country staff in providing personal and professional guidance to Canadian volunteers to contribute to program goals and completion of assignments;
- Support in the design and coordination of in-country orientation for volunteers and organize volunteer management training for local partners;
- In collaboration with country office staff, develop and implement safety and security protocols, communicate emergency procedures to local and international staff, and liaise with development partners on best practices;
- Support in the preparation and processing of immigration documents for Canadian volunteers, including visas, residence, and employment permits;
- Support program monitoring and evaluation by liaising with volunteers to consolidate results, document best practices and encourage learning among volunteers and partners;
- Provide support to program communications team including social media, newsletters, and case studies, as required;
- Develop strategies to continue to improve the volunteer integration process;
- Support handover from incoming and outgoing volunteers to ensure continuity between mandates and to avoid duplication of work;
- Support country office staff in program related activities, when necessary;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits;
- Write reports as required by WUSC.
- Degree and/or formal training in human resources, volunteer management, social sciences, or a related discipline;
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in volunteer management;
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
Volunteer Benefits and Support:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country;
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers;
- Travel, meals and accommodation for in-person training;
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country;
- Language training in-country where required;
- Return flights, visas and work permits;
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarial medication;
- Health insurance;
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas;
- Accommodation while overseas;
- Vacation leave entitlement;
- Return debriefing after completion of assignment;
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
WUSC Safeguarding Policy:
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to undertake a responsible conduct verification and/or a criminal record check where appropriate.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!
Votre travail de renforcement des capacités vers des économies plus résilientes et inclusives est plus que jamais nécessaire! Bien que nous ayons temporairement fermé nos bureaux à l'échelle mondiale, l'EUMC continue de travailler avec nos partenaires à travers le monde, y compris le soutien de nos volontaires en ligne résidants au Canada. Vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine tout en ayant un impact grâce au nouveau programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC!
Si vous êtes intéressés à faire du volontariat à l'international avec nous, nous voulons quand même vous entendre! Nous continuons à recruter des volontaires pour des postes à l'international, bien que les départs soient temporairement en attente. Nous n’enverrons pas de volontaires à l’étranger tant que nous ne sommes pas convaincus qu'il est sécuritaire de le faire.