- Assignment ID:
- Assignment Title:
- South-South Volunteer General Application
- Various Countries
- 12 months (flexible)
- Time Commitment:
- 35 hours per week
- Residing in the country of WUSC assignment (Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka, Uganda, or Vietnam)
- Not a permanent resident or citizen of the country of WUSC assignment
- Not a permanent resident or citizen of Canada
- Have permanent residence or citizenship from one of the eligible countries (please see list at bottom of page)
Are you passionate about improving economic opportunities and gender equality for women and youth? Are you a foreign national currently residing in Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka, Uganda or Vietnam with an interest in volunteering? WUSC is recruiting individuals residing in any of these 6 countries to support one of our local partner organizations. By sharing your skills and experience, you can contribute to advancing gender equality and economic empowerment globally, while gaining new expertise and international connections.
Don’t see an assignment that directly matches your skillset? Apply to the South-South General Application today and we will review your profile against the current opportunities and all assignments under development. In your application, please include your CV and a cover letter stating your motivation to contribute to a volunteer assignment.
Will you join us by giving your time and skills to make a difference around the world? Apply now to become a volunteer!
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in a relevant field;
- Formal degree in a relevant field
- Ability to work independently
- Comfortable using online working platforms
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with facilitation, training, and/or coaching
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English.
- Pre-assignment training is provided to all volunteers where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, and meet other volunteers
- Country level orientation and briefing on the work of WUSC upon beginning assignment
- Cost of visas and work permits
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials
- Health insurance
- Modest monthly living and accommodation allowance
- Vacation leave entitlement.
Eligible countries of citizenship or permanent residency:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Dem. Rep, Congo, Rep., Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, Arab Rep., El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, The, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Rep., Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Dem. People’s Rep., Kosovo, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao PDR, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mexico, Micronesia, Fed. Sts., Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, RB, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza, Yemen, Rep., Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Volunteering for development is one of the important ways in which WUSC pursues its mission. The IGNI+E project, funded by Global Affairs Canada, supports over 70 partner organizations to advance gender equality and the economic empowerment of 1.2 million youth around the world. IGNI+E harnesses the knowledge, capacity and expertise of skilled Canadians through volunteer assignments and public engagement activities to assist partners in improving their performance, advocating for gender equality, and implementing more sustainable, innovative and inclusive initiatives and services for poor and marginalised youth, particularly young women. Overseas, our volunteers collaborate with a wide variety of partners, including enterprise and social enterprise development incubators, skills training centres, women's organizations, and youth groups. In Canada, WUSC works with institutions and individuals to identify, prepare, and support volunteers who travel overseas to support our partners. Our network in Canada also works with WUSC to raise awareness among Canadians to inspire greater action on global development issues. Our collective focus is on sustainable and inclusive changes to create a better world for youth.
- Support and guidance from the WUSC Volunteer Mobilization Team prior to departure and from WUSC Country Team while on assignment
- Pre-departure training to learn about the volunteering for development program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and network with other volunteers
- Travel, meals and accommodation during in-person pre-departure training
- In-country orientation upon arrival in country of assignment
- Language training in country of assignment, where required
- Modest monthly living and accommodation allowance
- Airfare to and from the assignment country
- Visa/work permit
- Pre-departure medical exam
- Health insurance
- Vaccinations and antimalarial medication
- COVID-19 PCR testing
- Criminal record verification
- Vacation leave entitlement
- Debriefing after completion of assignment
- Support for accompanying spouse and dependents for assignments of 12 months or longer
- An incredible opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to global development, enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form. International volunteers will also be required to submit a criminal record verification.
WUSC is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct. The pledge represents the shared commitment as Canada’s global development and humanitarian leaders to ensure the full implementation of practices and policies that will protect and respond to our own staff, volunteers and the communities we serve. We are committed to creating safe and respectful workplaces and programs that promote gender equality and are free from gender-based violence, including by addressing and responding to all abuse of power, holding people to account, and protecting the vulnerable. Read the full pledge.
Reprise des départs de volontaires internationaux
Nous avons besoin de votre soutien au renforcement des capacités visant à créer des économies plus résilientes et plus inclusives maintenant plus que jamais! Après une interruption des voyages perdurant depuis mars 2020, les départs de volontaires internationaux vers l'Afrique, l'Asie et les Caraïbes ont repris grâce à la levée de la restriction canadienne sur les voyages non essentiels : https://voyage.gc.ca/voyager/avertissements
Toutes les personnes qui envisagent de devenir volontaires à l’étranger avec l’EUMC doivent faire preuve d’ouverture d’esprit et de flexibilité, et accepter de remplir les conditions suivantes :
- avoir reçu une vaccination complète (deux doses de vaccin) contre la COVID-19 et être en mesure de fournir une preuve de leur vaccination;
- respecter les exigences du gouvernement canadien et du pays d’affectation, ainsi que celles des compagnies aériennes en ce qui concerne les tests de réaction en chaîne de la polymérase (PCR);
- accepter de respecter toutes les directives visant à atténuer la propagation de la COVID-19 émises par le gouvernement canadien, l’EUMC et les autorités locales du pays d’affectation.
Consultez les possibilités de volontariat international ci-dessous et cliquez ici pour lire notre FAQ sur le volontariat international.
L'EUMC continue également de collaborer avec ses partenaires partout dans le monde grâce au soutien de volontaires en ligne résidant au Canada. En tant que volontaire en ligne, vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine et avoir un impact grâce au programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC! Consultez les possibilités de volontariat en ligne ci-dessous et cliquez ici pour lire notre FAQ sur le volontariat en ligne.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!