Partner Name: Artisans Association of Ghana
E-Volunteer Location: Canada
Partner Location: Ghana
Duration: 4 months
Time Commitment: 12 hours a week
Context for the Assignment:
Are you passionate about the economic empowerment of youth?
As the Strategic Planning Advisor E-volunteer with The Artisans Association of Ghana, you will provide support in developing a new strategic plan for the organization. This strategic plan will be designed to help the organization weather changes brought by the COVID-19 pandemic to the Technical and Vocational Training Education (TVET) sector.
Apply today to make an impact in increasing economic opportunities for women and youth!
- Provide guidance on the development of a 5-year strategic plan for the organization;
- Support in designing tools and guides to collect data from members and the actors in the Technical and Vocational Training Education sector for use in the strategic plan;
- Analyze the data collected and conduct research of trends and opportunities within the TVET sector in Ghana;
- Review existing documents provided by the partner organization to inform the direction of the strategic plan;
- Provide training to organization staff on the 5-year strategic plan;
- Participate in pre-assignment online training;
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits;Co-develop an e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using WUSC volunteer work plan template;
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in business administration, or other relevant field;
- Demonstrated experience in conducting researching and leading organizational strategic planning;
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group;
- Comfortable using online working platforms;
- Access to a reliable internet connection;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and training, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
The Artisans Association of Ghana (AAG) is a membership-based association working towards a network of artisans that trains, upgrades and supports the certification of unskilled youth and master craftspeople, enabling them to provide services that meet global standards. Despite vast employment opportunities that the construction sector presents in Ghana, the participation of women and youth is hindered by limited information, appropriate skills and support services. As a membership association with over 5000 members from four regions of Ghana, AAG seeks partnerships with businesses, identifies employment opportunities, and provides training and certification for its members in line with country standards. To learn more, please visit artisansghana.org/.
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, the AAG implemented a five-year youth skills initiative enhancement project. Aside from providing direct skills training to young people, this project also supported a job matching platform to offer contracts and jobs for artisans.
WUSC Safeguarding Policy:
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!
Votre travail de renforcement des capacités vers des économies plus résilientes et inclusives est plus que jamais nécessaire! Bien que nous ayons temporairement fermé nos bureaux à l'échelle mondiale, l'EUMC continue de travailler avec nos partenaires à travers le monde, y compris le soutien de nos volontaires en ligne résidants au Canada. Vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine tout en ayant un impact grâce au nouveau programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC!
Si vous êtes intéressés à faire du volontariat à l'international avec nous, nous voulons quand même vous entendre! Nous continuons à recruter des volontaires pour des postes à l'international, bien que les départs soient temporairement en attente. Nous n’enverrons pas de volontaires à l’étranger tant que nous ne sommes pas convaincus qu'il est sécuritaire de le faire.