WUSC volunteers will support partner organizations working to improve the socio-economic well-being of poor and marginalized young women, by contributing to the creation of inclusive, remunerative and sustainable employment and entrepreneurship opportunities. Volunteers will support the development of locally driven solutions that advance youth economic empowerment and gender equality. Canadian volunteers will provide support in areas such as research, training program design, partnership development, analysis, and strategies for youth inclusion.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES COULD INCLUDE:
- Support the development of a youth-inclusion or youth engagement strategy to increase the participation and involvement of young people in identified areas of intervention;
- Provide support and coaching for partners on the development and implementation of strategies and tools for youth engagement and inclusion;
- Identify opportunities to further engage marginalized young women in partner organization initiatives, through consultation, collaboration (youth-adult partnerships) and youth-driven initiatives;
- Support in the design of social and employment skills training targeted to young women, and help create links to relevant resources to increase the likelihood of obtaining fulfilling employment;
- Provide guidance and support to partner organizations on youth responsive initiatives and provide support in building strategic relationships with youth-led organisations;
- Facilitate training and learning opportunities for the country office team, volunteers and partners on youth inclusion, youth engagement, and youth entrepreneurship;
- Volunteers are required to undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and one-on-one support to achieve these goals;
- Ensure the participation of youth, as well as their representation, in all activities and all program benefits; and
- Produce reports required by the program.
- Degree and/or formal education in social sciences, international relations or any other relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in developing strategies for youth engagement and inclusion
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism and diplomacy
- Strong analytical skills and capacity to translate complex concepts into accessible information
- Experience working with entrepreneurship activities or incubator hubs
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset
VOLUNTEER BENEFITS AND SUPPORT:
- Support and guidance prior to departure and while on assignment in country
- Participation in a pre-departure training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for living and working in an intercultural context and meet other volunteers
- Travel, meals and accommodation are covered
- In-country orientation and briefing upon arrival in-country
- Language training in-country where required
- Return flights, visas and work permits
- Cost of required country specific vaccinations and antimalarials
- Health insurance
- Modest monthly living allowance while overseas
- Accommodation while overseas
- Vacation leave entitlement
- Return debriefing in Canada after completion of assignment
- Travel, meals and accommodation are covered
- An incredible opportunity to enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!
Votre travail de renforcement des capacités vers des économies plus résilientes et inclusives est plus que jamais nécessaire! Bien que nous ayons temporairement fermé nos bureaux à l'échelle mondiale, l'EUMC continue de travailler avec nos partenaires à travers le monde, y compris le soutien de nos volontaires en ligne résidants au Canada. Vous pouvez travailler à distance de votre table de cuisine tout en ayant un impact grâce au nouveau programme de volontariat en ligne de l'EUMC!
Si vous êtes intéressés à faire du volontariat à l'international avec nous, nous voulons quand même vous entendre! Nous continuons à recruter des volontaires pour des postes à l'international, bien que les départs soient temporairement en attente. Nous n’enverrons pas de volontaires à l’étranger tant que nous ne sommes pas convaincus qu'il est sécuritaire de le faire.