- Assignment ID:
- Assignment Title:
- Resource Mobilization Advisor (E-Volunteer)
- B-LAB East Africa
- 4 months (with possibility of extension)
- Time Commitment:
- 10-15 hours per week (flexible)
- Volunteer Location:
- Canada (remote)
Are you passionate about economic and empowerment opportunities for youth around the world?
As the Resource Mobilization Advisor e-volunteer with B-Lab East Africa you will support in developing a resource mobilization strategy to secure funds from national, regional and international sources. You will also provide guidance on diversifying funding sources as well as support staff in using online and digital platforms for resource mobilization.
Apply today and support the empowerment of youth in Kenya!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the B Lab staff to identify institutional and programmatic resource gaps and assist in identifying new funding opportunities
- Identify resource mobilization opportunities using digital platforms, and provide guidance on establishing and maintaining strong partnerships with donors using online tools
- Support in developing an online resource mobilization plan with specific time frames
- Identify funding opportunities and assist in grant proposals
- Support in developing tools for monitoring and evaluation to accompany the resource mobilization strategy
- Participate in pre-assignment online training
- Participate in at least 3 public engagement initiatives before, during, or after the assignment. Volunteers will be equipped with the tools, training, and support to achieve these goals. Volunteers will also have one virtual check-in with the Public Engagement Officer throughout the course of their assignment
- Ensure that a gender equality lens is consistently applied in the execution of all activities
- Support partners to empower young women and promote a culture of gender sensitive representation in all activities and program benefits
- Co-develop an e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using WUSC volunteer work plan template
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree and/or training in business development, international development, communications, or a related relevant field
- Experience with resource mobilization and fundraising, especially through digital platforms in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience with writing reports, publications and program proposals
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group
- Comfortable using online working platforms
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
Volunteering for development is one of the important ways in which WUSC pursues its mission. The IGNI+E project, funded by Global Affairs Canada, supports over 70 partner organizations to advance gender equality and the economic empowerment of 1.2 million youth around the world. IGNI+E harnesses the knowledge, capacity and expertise of skilled Canadians through volunteer assignments and public engagement activities to assist partners in improving their performance, advocating for gender equality, and implementing more sustainable, innovative and inclusive initiatives and services for poor and marginalised youth, particularly young women. Overseas, our volunteers collaborate with a wide variety of partners, including enterprise and social enterprise development incubators, skills training centres, women's organizations, and youth groups. In Canada, WUSC works with institutions and individuals to identify, prepare, and support volunteers who travel overseas to support our partners. Our network in Canada also works with WUSC to raise awareness among Canadians to inspire greater action on global development issues. Our collective focus is on sustainable and inclusive changes to create a better world for youth.
B Lab is a global not for profit organization that is transforming the global economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet. A leader in economic systems change, their global network creates standards, policies, and tools for business, and they certify companies — known as B Corps — who are leading the way. To date, their community includes over 3,500 B Corps in 70 countries and 150 industries, over 8,000 benefit corporations, and more than 100,000 companies manage their impact with the B Impact Assessment and the SDG Action Manager.
- Support and guidance from the WUSC Volunteer Mobilization Team prior to assignment and from the WUSC Country Team while on assignment
- Re-assignment training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for e-volunteering in an intercultural context and meet other e-volunteers
- Country orientation to better understand the cultural context of the country
- E-volunteers who contribute a minimum of 21 hours per week are eligible to receive an allowance of $35 CAD per day, up to a maximum of $700 CAD per month. This allowance is taxable income.
- Debriefing after completion of assignment
- An incredible opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to global development, enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form. International volunteers will also be required to submit a criminal record verification.
WUSC is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct. The pledge represents the shared commitment as Canada’s global development and humanitarian leaders to ensure the full implementation of practices and policies that will protect and respond to our own staff, volunteers and the communities we serve. We are committed to creating safe and respectful workplaces and programs that promote gender equality and are free from gender-based violence, including by addressing and responding to all abuse of power, holding people to account, and protecting the vulnerable. Read the full pledge.
Your work building capacity towards more resilient and inclusive economies is needed now more than ever! WUSC continues to work with our partners around the world through the support of e-volunteers residing in Canada and through the support of Canadians and other expatriates currently residing in Ghana, Uganda, Jordan, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka and Vietnam.
If you are currently residing in one of these countries and hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status – or hold citizenship or permanent residence status in countries in Africa or Asia – apply today to one of our international volunteer postings or to the general application form! Please specify your current country of residence in your application.
As an e-volunteer, you can work remotely from your kitchen table and still make an impact through WUSC’s e-volunteering program! See available e-volunteer opportunities below and click here for our e-volunteer FAQ.
International Departures – On Hold
If you are currently residing in Canada and interested in volunteering internationally with us, we still want to hear from you! We are continuing to recruit for international volunteer positions, though departures are on hold until September 2021. This date is subject to change. We will not send international volunteers until we are fully confident that it is safe to do so.
Connaissez-vous quelqu’un qui serait parfait pour cette opportunité ? S’il vous plaît partagez!