Her Future is Now!
From March 5th to March 11th, join the movement to support girls’ education!
When young girls are educated, they are equipped with knowledge about their rights that they can confidently exercise, are less likely to be forced into early marriages, and are armed with the tools and information to share their opinions to shape and influence the political and economic landscape of their lives and communities.
What are we waiting for? Her Future is Now! From March 5th to March 11th, WUSC is calling upon fellow Canadians to support and advocate for girls’ access to education globally. Whether you take 30 seconds to sign a petition or 1 year to volunteer with one of WUSC’s programs overseas supporting girls and women empowerment, your support has an impact.
Here is how you can participate:
- Test your knowledge on girls’ education by taking our newly launched quiz. Complete the quiz for a chance to win a gift basket worth approximately $75 consisting of books, in English, on the themes of access to education, international development and global citizenship. Contest details here.
- Sign and promote the petition that calls on Canada’s government to keep its promise to invest in the futures of the world’s most marginalized learners
- Donate or host a fundraiser in support of girls’ education
- Advocate about the importance of education for girls’ empowerment by sharing your knowledge and encouraging your friends and families to do the same!
- Volunteer to work directly with partners supporting girls’ empowerment.
Stay tuned on our social media accounts for daily updates beginning on March 5th for more details on how you can take actions to support young girls’ access to education. Let’s not wait. Her Future is Now!
WUSC works to create a better world for all young people. To learn more, start here or subscribe to get highlights straight to your inbox. Interested in volunteering internationally? View our current opportunities. Looking for a new career opportunity? Check out our current job openings. Or show your support for our cause by making a donation.