Available to: Corporate Volunteers
Duration: 3 weeks
In Malawi, WUSC programming focuses on strengthening the capacity of partner organizations in the central and southern regions of the country, each of which have young populations and a high concentration of poverty. Owing in part to a weak formal labour market, entrepreneurship offers one of the most promising pathways for the employment and empowerment of young women in Malawi. WUSC volunteers will work with partner organizations to develop gender-responsive approaches, and opportunities for entrepreneurship for youth, including locally viable durable solutions for young refugees.
The Cooperative Governance Advisor volunteer will support partner organizations working to improve the socio-economic well-being of poor and marginalized young women, by contributing to the creation of collaborative governance policies and protocols. Volunteers will provide support in the areas of leadership, training and mentorship.
- Conduct an organizational review, including assessing the participation and roles of women and youth in the member organizations;
- Identify institutional governance gaps, business knowledge gaps and work with partners to make recommendations;
- Collaborate with partners and members to provide training or mentorship on improving cooperative management and governance;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits and;
- Write reports as required by the program.
- Degree and/or training in Business Administration or a related field;
- Experience in institutional governance, cooperative management and development an asset;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity and;
- Written and oral fluency in English.
For details on how to apply please contact your employer or email Katia Major at [email protected]. Please note that your employer must be a WUSC corporate partner in order for you to apply to this position. Thank you!