Available to: Corporate Volunteers
Duration: 3 weeks
In Ghana, WUSC programming focuses on strengthening the capacity of partner organizations in the Greater Accra Region. This region is experiencing fast population growth and the emergence of new peri-urban areas. This trend presents both opportunities and challenges to youth economic empowerment, as many young women are not well equipped with the skills and knowledge to engage with burgeoning economic opportunities. WUSC volunteers working in a variety of roles will support partner organizations to address these challenges and opportunities in Ghana.
CONTEXT FOR THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Data Management Advisor will support the partner’s development and implementation of a data management strategy.
- Collaborate with the partner to develop an Information Management Framework;
- Assist in creating a data management strategy to effectively manage the partner’s database;
- Share best practices related to data management including methods and processes to address challenges;
- Strengthen the partner’s capacity by facilitating training on data management strategies;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits and;
- Write reports required by the program.
- Degree and/or training in Information Technology or a related field;
- Experience working with designing, developing and managing information management systems an asset;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and training, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity and;
- Written and oral fluency in English.
For details on how to apply please contact your employer or email Katia Major at [email protected]. Please note that your employer must be a WUSC corporate partner in order for you to apply to this position. Thank you!