Available to: Corporate Volunteers
Duration: 3 weeks
In Malawi, WUSC programming focuses on strengthening the capacity of partner organizations in the central and southern regions of the country, each of which have young populations and a high concentration of poverty. Owing in part to a weak formal labour market, entrepreneurship offers one of the most promising pathways for the employment and empowerment of young women in Malawi. WUSC volunteers will work with partner organizations to develop gender-responsive approaches, and opportunities for entrepreneurship for youth, including locally viable durable solutions for young refugees.
The Digital Marketing Advisor will contribute to building the capacity of partner organizations by strengthening their knowledge of communication strategies in planning, website design, and social media management according to the needs, capacities and strategies of the organization.
- Review the current digital marketing strategy and advise on the creation of consistent promotional campaigns based on the newest technological trends and insights;
- Work with the partner to create targeted marketing campaigns making best use of the existing donor database;
- Collaborate with the partner to provide training on developing, executing, monitoring and evaluating digital marketing strategies and tools including social media channels, email, search engine optimization and display advertising campaigns;
- Share best practices relating to current online marketing trends to enhance social media presence and optimise digital marketing spending budgets;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits and;
- Write reports as required by the program.
- Degree and/or training in marketing or a related field;
- Experience in digital marketing;
- Experience in developing Google Adwords an asset;
- Ability to think strategically and analytically;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity and;
- Written and oral fluency in English.
For details on how to apply please contact your employer or email Katia Major at [email protected]. Please note that your employer must be a WUSC corporate partner in order for you to apply to this position. Thank you!