Available to: Corporate Volunteers
Location: Sri Lanka
Duration: 3 weeks
In Sri Lanka, WUSC programming focuses on supporting organizations based in and around Colombo, particularly those with branch offices in the northern, eastern, and southern regions. Youth unemployment rates remains high in the country, especially among young women and rural youth. Program volunteers will work with partner organizations to strengthen the youth employment and social enterprise ecosystems to enable improved and more inclusive employment related services for youth, in particular young women.
The eCommerce and Digital Marketing Advisor will assist the partner to design an eCommerce platform and an online trading website as well support with the development of the digital marketing strategy.
- Analyze and identify existing and new investment opportunities in the areas of agriculture for development;
- Share best practices on structuring investment instruments such as secured and unsecured loans, quasi equity and equity grants;
- Guide the development and structure of an impact investment ecosystem;
- Collaborate with the partner to develop and deliver training on capturing, analyzing and best use of financial data;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits and;
- Write reports as required by the program.
- Degree and/or training in eCommerce or marketing or a related field;
- Experience in eCommerce or digital marketing an asset;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity and;
- Written and oral fluency in English.
For details on how to apply please contact your employer or email Katia Major at [email protected]. Please note that your employer must be a WUSC corporate partner in order for you to apply to this position. Thank you!