Available to: Corporate Volunteers
Duration: 3 weeks
In Ghana, WUSC programming focuses on strengthening the capacity of partner organizations in the Greater Accra Region. This region is experiencing fast population growth and the emergence of new peri-urban areas. This trend presents both opportunities and challenges to youth economic empowerment, as many young women are not well equipped with the skills and knowledge to engage with burgeoning economic opportunities. WUSC volunteers working in a variety of roles will support partner organizations to address these challenges and opportunities in Ghana.
CONTEXT FOR THE ASSIGNMENT:
The Entrepreneurship and Business Development Advisor will provide support to social entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship incubators serving young innovators. Volunteers will support our partner organizations to identify, incubate and scale enterprises and social enterprises that have the potential to solve the pressing challenges faced by marginalized young people in their regions.
- Collaborate with the partner to create and identify economic opportunities for young entrepreneurs looking to grow and develop their SME enterprises;
- Assist in creating links and key industry partnerships to support the partner’s initiatives;
- Strengthen the capacity of partner organizations to research, identify and implement new business opportunities for young entrepreneurs;
- Ensure the participation of women and youth, as well as their representation, in all activities and all program benefits and;
- Write reports required by the program.
- Degree and/or training in Business Administration or a related field;
- Experience working in entrepreneurship and/or business development;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and training, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity and;
- Written and oral fluency in English.
For details on how to apply please contact your employer or email Katia Major at [email protected]. Please note that your employer must be a WUSC corporate partner in order for you to apply to this position. Thank you!