Available to: Corporate Volunteers
Duration: 3 weeks
In Malawi, WUSC programming focuses on strengthening the capacity of partner organizations in the central and southern regions of the country, each of which have young populations and a high concentration of poverty. Owing in part to a weak formal labour market, entrepreneurship offers one of the most promising pathways for the employment and empowerment of young women in Malawi. WUSC volunteers will work with partner organizations to develop gender-responsive approaches, and opportunities for entrepreneurship for youth, including locally viable durable solutions for young refugees.
The Entrepreneurship and Social Innovation Advisor will provide support to social entrepreneurship and entrepreneurship incubators serving young innovators. Volunteers will support our partner organizations to identify, incubate and scale enterprises and social enterprises that have the potential to solve the pressing challenges faced by marginalised young people in their regions.
- Strengthen the capacity of partner organisations to research, identify and implement new entrepreneurship opportunities for youth;
- Collaborate with partners to develop and deliver training on skill development, entrepreneurship and identifying economic opportunities aimed at youth and in particular young women;
- Provide technical assistance and expertise to youth on the implementation of projects and business plans;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits and;
- Write reports as required by the program.
- Degree and/or training in business administration or a related field;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in entrepreneurship and/or business development;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity and;
- Written and oral fluency in English.
For details on how to apply please contact your employer or email Katia Major at [email protected]. Please note that your employer must be a WUSC corporate partner in order for you to apply to this position. Thank you!