Available to: Corporate Volunteers
Duration: 3 weeks
In Malawi, WUSC programming focuses on strengthening the capacity of partner organizations in the central and southern regions of the country, each of which have young populations and a high concentration of poverty. Owing in part to a weak formal labour market, entrepreneurship offers one of the most promising pathways for the employment and empowerment of young women in Malawi. WUSC volunteers will work with partner organizations to develop gender-responsive approaches, and opportunities for entrepreneurship for youth, including locally viable durable solutions for young refugees.
The Impact Investment Finance Advisor will assist in the creation of a social impact investment plan for a cooperative within the agricultural industry. The volunteer will assist in identifying financial sources within the public and private sectors in order to help ensure long term sustainability of the partner.
- Analyze and identify existing and new investment opportunities in the areas of agriculture for development;
- Share best practices on structuring investment instruments such as secured and unsecured loans, quasi equity and equity grants;
- Guide the development and structure of an impact investment ecosystem;
- Collaborate with the partner to develop and deliver training on capturing, analyzing and best use of financial data;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits and;
- Write reports as required by the program.
- Degree and/or training in Business Administration or a related discipline;
- Experience in banking and finance an asset;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity and;
- Written and oral fluency in English.
For details on how to apply please contact your employer or email Katia Major at [email protected]. Please note that your employer must be a WUSC corporate partner in order for you to apply to this position. Thank you!