Available to: Corporate Volunteers
Location: Sri Lanka
Duration: 3 weeks
In Sri Lanka, WUSC programming focuses on supporting organizations based in and around Colombo, particularly those with branch offices in the northern, eastern, and southern regions. Youth unemployment rates remains high in the country, especially among young women and rural youth. Program volunteers will work with partner organizations to strengthen the youth employment and social enterprise ecosystems to enable improved and more inclusive employment related services for youth, in particular young women.
The Information Technology Advisor will assist the partner in a review of the existing information management systems and recommend system upgrades that meet the needs of the organization and their beneficiaries.
- Collaborate with the partner to review the existing information management system (including the client management system and service performance monitoring system) and recommend a system up-grade or modification based on the organization’s needs;
- Support in the preparation and content development of system manuals;
- Strengthen the capacity of the partner to develop systems specific training modules;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits and;
- Write reports as required by partner and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in Business Administration or a related discipline;
- Experience in banking and finance an asset;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity and;
- Written and oral fluency in English.
For details on how to apply please contact your employer or email Katia Major at [email protected]. Please note that your employer must be a WUSC corporate partner in order for you to apply to this position. Thank you!