Partner Name: There is Hope
E-volunteer Location: Canada
Partner Location: Malawi
Duration: 4 Months
Time Commitment: 15 hours per week
Context for the Assignment:
Are you passionate about empowering refugee youth?
As the Business Development Advisor with There is Hope in Malawi, you will work to develop new programs and source new funding opportunities to support refugees, and their host community, to overcome poverty and become self-reliant.
Apply today to support the economic empowerment of youth in Malawi!
- Strengthen the capacity of the partner organization to research new business opportunities for youth groups;
- Support in developing a business strategy for the organization, and provide support in program development;
- Work with partner team to develop proposals, and respond to funding opportunities calls;
- Participate in pre-assignment online training;
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals;
- Support the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits;
- Co-develop the e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using WUSC volunteer work plan template;
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in social sciences, business administration, economics or another relevant field;
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in business development;
- Demonstrated experience in program development and proposal writing;
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group;
- Comfortable using online working platforms;
- Access to a reliable internet connection;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
There is Hope (TiH) is an organization located next to the Dzaleka Refugee Camp in Malawi. Their vision is to see refugees, and their host community, escape poverty and become self-reliant. There is Hope exists to provide access to education and income generating activities for refugees and their host community, and strengthen their well-being. For more information, please visit thereishopemalawi.org/
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!
Your work building capacity towards more resilient and inclusive economies is needed now more than ever! Though we have temporarily closed our offices globally, WUSC continues to work with our partners around the world, including through the support of e-volunteers residing in Canada. You can work remotely from your kitchen table and still make an impact through WUSC’s NEW e-volunteering program! See available opportunities below.
If you are interested in volunteering internationally with us, we still want to hear from you. We are continuing to recruit for open international volunteer positions, though departures are on hold. We will not place volunteers internationally until we are fully confident that it is safe to do so.