Partner Name: Vietnam Women Entrepreneur Council (VWEC)
E-volunteer Location: Canada
Partner location: Vietnam
Duration: 4-5 months (with option to extend)
Time commitment: Flexible
Context for assignment:
Are you passionate about the key role that communications plays in development? Do you have communications skills that you are looking to share?
As the Communication Advisor e-volunteer, you will support the Vietnam Women Entrepreneur Council in improving their online communication skills, allowing them better promote their activities and achieve their organizational goals.
Apply today to play a role in supporting women in entrepreneurship in Vietnam!
- Provide training on developing and maintaining online communications content , such as newsletters, audiovisual products and press releases
- Review and make recommendations on the organization’s website and social media pages
- Participate in pre-assignment online training
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits
- Co-develop an e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using the WUSC e-volunteer work plan template
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in communications, marketing, international development, or other relevant field
- Experience developing online communications content, particularly for non-profit organizations
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Comfortable using online working platforms
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
The Vietnam Women Entrepreneur Council (VWEC) was established in 2001 under the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Located in Hanoi, VWEC is a national organization representing women entrepreneurs, organizations of women entrepreneurs and enterprises owned or managed by women in all economic sectors nationwide.
The activities of the Vietnam Women Entrepreneur Council include the provision of support and protection of the legitimate rights of women entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations of women-owned or operated businesses; assistance to members to promote domestic and international trade investment, technology transfer activities for women entrepreneurs; development internal and external partnership and networking for the members and implement gender equality in enterprises; provision of capacity building to women entrepreneurs on business skills development such as law, leadership skills, strategic planning, marketing and digital communication etc.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Your work building capacity towards more resilient and inclusive economies is needed now more than ever! Though we have temporarily closed our offices globally, WUSC continues to work with our partners around the world, including through the support of e-volunteers residing in Canada. You can work remotely from your kitchen table and still make an impact through WUSC’s NEW e-volunteering program! See available e-volunteer opportunities below and click here for our e-volunteer FAQ.
We are also currently recruiting people with Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status - or people with citizenship or permanent residence status in countries in Africa or Asia - who are presently living in Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka or Vietnam. If this is your case, apply today specifying your current country of residence.
International Departures - On Hold
If you are currently residing in Canada and interested in volunteering internationally with us, we still want to hear from you! We are continuing to recruit for open international volunteer positions, though departures are on hold until September 2021. We will not send international volunteers until we are fully confident that it is safe to do so.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!