Title: Digital Marketing Advisor (E-volunteer)
Partner Name: Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training
E-volunteer Location: Canada
Partner Location: Ghana
Duration: 4 months
Time Commitment: 20 hours per week (flexible)
Context for the Assignment:
Are you passionate about supporting employment opportunities for youth? Do you have marketing skills to share?
As the Digital Marketing Advisor e-volunteer with the Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training in Ghana, you will support the design and delivery of innovative digital marketing strategies to reach more youth and enable them to improve their income generating opportunities.
Apply today to make an impact in the lives of women and youth in Ghana!
- Review the current digital marketing strategy and advise on the creation of consistent promotional campaigns based on the newest technological trends and insights;
- Collaborate with the partner to provide training on developing, executing, monitoring and evaluating digital marketing strategies and tools including social media channels, email, search engine optimization and display advertising campaigns;
- Share best practices relating to current online marketing trends and methods for capturing online feedback on systems performance;
- Participate in pre-assignment online training;
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals;
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits;
- Co-develop an e-volunteer volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using WUSC volunteer work plan template;
- Participate in organizational and project improvement activities such as surveys, assessments and learning/planning sessions;
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in communications, marketing, information technology, or other relevant field;
- Experience in marketing and/or digital marketing;
- Experience providing online training is an advantage;
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group;
- Comfortable using online working platforms;
- Access to a reliable internet connection;
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering;
- Experience with group facilitation and training, including content development;
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Written and oral fluency in English;
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
The Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET) is a national body created to coordinate and oversee technical and vocational education and training in Ghana. COTVET formulates policies for skills development across the spectrum of pre-tertiary and tertiary education, formal, informal and non-formal sectors. It is also establishing Ghana’s Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system to improve the productivity and competitiveness of the skilled workforce and raise the income-generating capacities of people, especially women and low-income groups, through the provision of quality, demand-driven and competency-based training programs and complimentary services.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Your work building capacity towards more resilient and inclusive economies is needed now more than ever! Though we have temporarily closed our offices globally, WUSC continues to work with our partners around the world, including through the support of e-volunteers residing in Canada. You can work remotely from your kitchen table and still make an impact through WUSC’s NEW e-volunteering program! See available e-volunteer opportunities below and click here for our e-volunteer FAQ.
We are also currently recruiting people with Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status - or people with citizenship or permanent residence status in countries in Africa or Asia - who are presently living in Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka or Vietnam. If this is your case, apply today specifying your current country of residence.
International Departures - On Hold
If you are currently residing in Canada and interested in volunteering internationally with us, we still want to hear from you! We are continuing to recruit for open international volunteer positions, though departures are on hold until April 2021. We will not send international volunteers until we are fully confident that it is safe to do so.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!