Partner Name: Associated Center for Agro-based Development
E-Volunteer Location: Canada
Partner Location: Malawi
Duration: 4-5 months
Time Commitment: 15 hours per week (flexible)
Context for the Assignment:
Are you passionate about supporting youth-driven initiatives?
As the Digital Marketing Advisor E-volunteer with Associated Center for Agro-based Development, you will support the organization in developing a digital marketing strategy and implementation plan.
Apply today to support youth entrepreneurship in Malawi!
- Support in reviewing the current digital marketing strategy and advise on the creation of consistent promotional campaigns
- Provide support to create a targeted marketing campaigns for their products
- Participate in pre-assignment online training
- Volunteers are required to undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment and will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals
- Ensure the representation and engagement of women in all activities and program benefits
- Co-develop an e-volunteer work plan with the partner organization and country office using WUSC volunteer work plan template
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by the partner organization and WUSC.
- Degree and/or training in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience in digital marketing and content development
- Experience in developing Google AdWords is an asset
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group
- Comfortable using online working platforms
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
The Associated Center for Agro-based Development (ACADES) is a membership association of youth clubs and youth organizations in agribusiness in Malawi. ACADES has a vision for a vibrant, productive and youth-driven agricultural and agro-industrial sector, and a mission to promote opportunities that support, connect and increase the number of youth in agribusiness. ACADES’ approach involves youth empowerment, policy advocacy, resource mobilization, networking, and skills development in mechanized agricultural production, processing and value-addition. To learn more, please visit acadesmw.com/.
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy:
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form.
Your work building capacity towards more resilient and inclusive economies is needed now more than ever! Though we have temporarily closed our offices globally, WUSC continues to work with our partners around the world, including through the support of e-volunteers residing in Canada. You can work remotely from your kitchen table and still make an impact through WUSC’s NEW e-volunteering program! See available e-volunteer opportunities below and click here for our e-volunteer FAQ.
We are also currently recruiting people with Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status - or people with citizenship or permanent residence status in countries in Africa or Asia - who are presently living in Ghana, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka or Vietnam. If this is your case, apply today specifying your current country of residence.
International Departures - On Hold
If you are currently residing in Canada and interested in volunteering internationally with us, we still want to hear from you! We are continuing to recruit for open international volunteer positions, though departures are on hold until April 2021. We will not send international volunteers until we are fully confident that it is safe to do so.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!