- Assignment ID:
- Assignment Title:
- Digital Marketing Advisor
- Uganda Women Entrepreneurs Association LTD (UWEAL)
- 4-5 months
- Time Commitment:
- 10-15 hours per week (Flexible)
- Volunteer Location:
Are you passionate about advancing economic opportunities for women?
Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, UWEAL’s focus was on building capacity of member organizations to increase trade, access capital and operationalize their new strategic plan. In the current COVID-19 context, most of the member organizations are struggling to market their products due to limited knowledge on digital marketing. There is limited support from UWEAL head office since only one staff member is endowed with digital marketing skills. As the Digital Marketing Advisor e-volunteer with Uganda Women Entrepreneurs Association LTD, you will strengthen the organization’s ability to support their member’s digital marketing needs and navigate the transition to online business marketing.
Apply today to work on an exciting initiative that will change the lives of thousands of women in Uganda
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review current digital marketing strategies used by members and advise how to enhance these approaches based on the newest technological trends and insights
- Work with UWEAL to create targeted digital marketing tools and webinars to be used by member organizations
- Train key personnel at UWEAL on ways to optimize digital marketing tools and enhance social media presence
- Participate in pre-assignment online training
- Undertake public engagement and fundraising activities before, during, and after their volunteer assignment. You will be equipped with tools, training, and support to achieve these goals
- Ensure that a gender equality lens is consistently applied in the execution of all activities
- Support partners to empower young women and promote a culture of gender sensitive representation in all activities and program benefits
- Co-develop an e-volunteer work plan using WUSC volunteer work plan template
- Participate in organizational and project improvement activities such as surveys, assessments and learning/planning sessions;
- Submit volunteer timesheets, reports and deliverables as required by WUSC and
- Support country office staff in program related activities, when necessary.
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree and/or training in marketing or a related field
- Experience in digital marketing, social media and online content creation
- Knowledge of Business to Business (B2) marketing
- Familiarity with social media analytics and SEO optimization
- Experience in developing Google Adwords and webinars an asset
- Ability to think strategically and analytically
- Experience with group facilitation and trainings, including content development
- Ability to work independently as part of a remote working group
- Comfortable using online working platforms
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A commitment to gender equality, youth inclusion, and international volunteering
- Experience in capacity building, research and writing skills
- Flexibility, adaptability, excellent interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Experience living and working internationally is a strong asset.
Volunteering for development is one of the important ways in which WUSC pursues its mission. The IGNI+E project, funded by Global Affairs Canada, supports over 70 partner organizations to advance gender equality and the economic empowerment of 1.2 million youth around the world. IGNI+E harnesses the knowledge, capacity and expertise of skilled Canadians through volunteer assignments and public engagement activities to assist partners in improving their performance, advocating for gender equality, and implementing more sustainable, innovative and inclusive initiatives and services for poor and marginalised youth, particularly young women. Overseas, our volunteers collaborate with a wide variety of partners, including enterprise and social enterprise development incubators, skills training centres, women's organizations, and youth groups. In Canada, WUSC works with institutions and individuals to identify, prepare, and support volunteers who travel overseas to support our partners. Our network in Canada also works with WUSC to raise awareness among Canadians to inspire greater action on global development issues. Our collective focus is on sustainable and inclusive changes to create a better world for youth.
Uganda Women Entrepreneurs Association Limited (UWEAL) was established in 1987 as a membership based organization and platform to promote women in business in Uganda and create networking opportunities with women in business globally. UWEAL’s mandate is focused on empowering women to create wealth through capacity building, networking and advocacy. The association’s membership consists of women entrepreneurs, aspiring business women and professional women from various sectors and is spread throughout Uganda, including a program for young women who are interested in business under the Girls’ Entrepreneurship Program (GEP).
- Support and guidance from the WUSC Volunteer Mobilization Team prior to assignment and from the WUSC Country Team while on assignment
- Re-assignment training where you will have the opportunity to learn about the program, gain practical skills for e-volunteering in an intercultural context and meet other e-volunteers
- Country orientation to better understand the cultural context of the country
- E-volunteers who contribute a minimum of 21 hours per week are eligible to receive an allowance of $35 CAD per day, up to a maximum of $700 CAD per month. This allowance is taxable income.
- Debriefing after completion of assignment
- An incredible opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to global development, enhance your professional skills and participate in an experience of a lifetime!
WUSC’s Safeguarding Policy
WUSC’s activities seek to balance inequities and create sustainable development around the globe; the work ethic of our staff, volunteers, representatives and partners shall correspond to the values and mission of the organization. WUSC promotes responsibility, respect, honesty, and professional excellence and we will not tolerate harassment, coercion and sexual exploitation and abuse of any form. Successful applicants will be required to sign off on the WUSC Code of Conduct and the Self-Disclosure Form. International volunteers will also be required to submit a criminal record verification.
WUSC is a signatory to the Cooperation Canada Leaders’ Pledge on Preventing and Addressing Sexual Misconduct. The pledge represents the shared commitment as Canada’s global development and humanitarian leaders to ensure the full implementation of practices and policies that will protect and respond to our own staff, volunteers and the communities we serve. We are committed to creating safe and respectful workplaces and programs that promote gender equality and are free from gender-based violence, including by addressing and responding to all abuse of power, holding people to account, and protecting the vulnerable. Read the full pledge.
Your work building capacity towards more resilient and inclusive economies is needed now more than ever! WUSC continues to work with our partners around the world through the support of e-volunteers residing in Canada and through the support of Canadians and other expatriates currently residing in Ghana, Uganda, Jordan, Kenya, Malawi, Sri Lanka and Vietnam.
If you are currently residing in one of these countries and hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residence status – or hold citizenship or permanent residence status in countries in Africa or Asia – apply today to one of our international volunteer postings or to the general application form! Please specify your current country of residence in your application.
As an e-volunteer, you can work remotely from your kitchen table and still make an impact through WUSC’s e-volunteering program! See available e-volunteer opportunities below and click here for our e-volunteer FAQ.
International Departures – On Hold
If you are currently residing in Canada and interested in volunteering internationally with us, we still want to hear from you! We are continuing to recruit for international volunteer positions, though departures are on hold until September 2021. This date is subject to change. We will not send international volunteers until we are fully confident that it is safe to do so.
Know someone who would be perfect for this opportunity? Please share!